Discuss ADT Honeywell Galaxy 2 Alarm... DIY Help Needed... in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

I'm not sure whether it'd be the right thing to do publishing the method for defaulting here, as others (many in the alarm/security industry), have said before.

The method is not too dissimilar to the one published on the DIYNOT website, however that particular method is incorrect.

Performing the default does retain all previous settings thankfully, so zones/user's and other set parameters remain in the system memory.

I'm not sure whether it'd be the right thing to do publishing the method for defaulting here, as others (many in the alarm/security industry), have said before.

The method is not too dissimilar to the one published on the DIYNOT website, however that particular method is incorrect.

Performing the default does retain all previous settings thankfully, so zones/user's and other set parameters remain in the system memory.

That reply is a bit of a joke, given that you came onto a public forum to ask the question in the first place! Bye the bye, I don't require the info as I know what can and can't be done with this panel.

Eh... no more of a joke than your reply, Polo.

1) If you know the way to perform a default, why haven't you passed this information on to me/someone else in need of assistance?
2) If you expect me to relay the default process publicly - when fully aware of the method yourself - why don't you do so?

There's the joke!

It's my guess that the sort of intruder who goes straight to the keypad and board and performs a factory reset in order to silence an alarm doesn't really need to drop in here to get the data.

It's my guess that the sort of intruder who goes straight to the keypad and board and performs a factory reset in order to silence an alarm doesn't really need to drop in here to get the data.

which, of course is not possible if the alarm is set, and should by that time be in full alarm.

Eh... no more of a joke than your reply, Polo.

1) If you know the way to perform a default, why haven't you passed this information on to me/someone else in need of assistance?
2) If you expect me to relay the default process publicly - when fully aware of the method yourself - why don't you do so?

There's the joke!

Chill - I wasn't suggesting that you should post such info on a public forum - rather that it was ironic that you sought such info on a public forum and then go on to suggest that it's not good form to give out this kind of detail.:devilish:

would really appreciate if someone could pm me the reset information as would also like to be able to self maintain my out of contract galaxy 2-20.

please :)

if there is an engineer that can come out to Mortlake ot reset the engineer code for a Galaxy g-20 that was previously under a ADT contract at a reasonable price then please pm me.

Chill - I wasn't suggesting that you should post such info on a public forum - rather that it was ironic that you sought such info on a public forum and then go on to suggest that it's not good form to give out this kind of detail.:devilish:

lol - absolutely!

Hello
Please could somebody help me, I have taken ownership of a property with a Galaxy 2, and it keeps dialing up everynight costing me a fortune in phone bills.

ADT want £125 plus vat to send an engineer to disable the dial up, and allow the alarm to still be used.

I am an electrician, and don't want to bin the system, and would appreciate it if somebody could guide me how to disable the phone dial up, but so I can still use the alarm system.

Thank you

You need to gain access to engineers menu to disable line volts. Eng code will be locked by ADT. Other option is to default panel which I'm not sure can be posted on an open forum

they've got you by the short hairs, mate. you could dis. the dialler, but then the system would probably lock out as it can't see the dialler. bite the bullet. pay 'em the £125, but make sure they change the engineer code to one you can use.

Thanks for replies I tried google, adt said dialler can be disabled and it used as a normal alarm. Other person is this thread had success programming, and I was hoping to do the same, of anybody knows engineers code please pm me

Just need to wire-in an external bell box/siren and strobe now and potentially, a speech dialer - can't seem to get the SMS facility operative, but I'm guessing that might be due to incorrect/inadequate soft/firm ware.

:wink_smile:

have have you programmed In a message centre number?

Unless you have had some training on these panels, then I reckon you'd be stuffed trying to do it.

If you are an electrician, then Honeywell do a free training day for these, and their similar Flex boards. You cant do much without the Installation Manual, even that doesn't tell you how to default the board to factory settings.(and it isnt the easiest thing to set up)
If you do have the engineers code, then it'll be code 47 (remote access) that needs changing.I cant remember the details, but it is set to dial out by default, this needs changing to no dial out.

I believe the engineer code is usually 112233. I'm working on a property with the galaxy 18 and had to google to find it to disable while I move pir's

Reply to ADT Honeywell Galaxy 2 Alarm... DIY Help Needed... in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net