Discuss ADT Honeywell Galaxy 2 Alarm... DIY Help Needed... in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Cuz an engineer with any savvy won't leave it as default.....oh I forgot its ADT we are talking about

Thanks for replies, I have tried the default code but it's not that.
I have managed to disconnect the alarm from the phone line but now the alarm beeps in the middle of the night because it can't dial out! I then cleared it with my user code.

I don't fancy doing a training course but thanks for the suggestion

Any help to disable the dial out would be much appreciated

There is no way of disabling it without the engineers code.
It is possible to reset these boards to default/factory settings.
I'm not putting those details here. Other forums have published the procedure before.
Then you will need the engineers manual to program it. The keypad menu isnt intuitive, so you'll be spending 3 or 4 hours to get it working again.

How about going on ebay and buying a new board? They are around £40 , you can then sell the old one on for £20 to someone who knows how to reset it.
You'll still need to program it, but you wont have the hassle of trying to default it.

There is no way of disabling it without the engineers code.
It is possible to reset these boards to default/factory settings.
I'm not putting those details here. Other forums have published the procedure before.
Then you will need the engineers manual to program it. The keypad menu isnt intuitive, so you'll be spending 3 or 4 hours to get it working again.

How about going on ebay and buying a new board? They are around £40 , you can then sell the old one on for £20 to someone who knows how to reset it.
You'll still need to program it, but you wont have the hassle of trying to default it.

Yeah that's my last resort I don't really want to bin the system as it's very recently been replaced.i have found places to get the programming manual and how to default but not sure the method is correct.
If someone knows the engineer code please pm me.
thank you

Bangs head against wall!

You cannot get the engineers code without paying ADT for it.
That's why you have to reset/default the board to factory settings.

Bangs head against wall!

You cannot get the engineers code without paying ADT for it.
That's why you have to reset/default the board to factory settings.

Oh I thought somebody would have it. Please could ask if u could pm me the default method that u know? It's a galaxy 2-12. Thanks

Oh I thought somebody would have it. Please could ask if u could pm me the default method that u know? It's a galaxy 2-12. Thanks

all G2 models

remove mains
remove battery

link 1001

remove bell tamp

leave lid screw out

re power

all codes reset to default.

Please bear in mind if you want to use any alarm for insurance purposes you must have it serviced annually by a UKAS approved company.

all G2 models

remove mains
remove battery

link 1001

remove bell tamp

leave lid screw out

re power

all codes reset to default.

Please bear in mind if you want to use any alarm for insurance purposes you must have it serviced annually by a UKAS approved company.

thank you I will give this a try

Not really, just taking off the casing will cause the alarm to sound, and anyone with the knowledge to tamper and silence alarms will already know how to do it.

I'm not sure that is the correct way to reset it anyway, I've got the correct notes, and it is similar, but there is a vital piece of info missing.
I'm not going to test it out as I've got better things to do.

My son recently purchased a property with a defunct ADT alarm system - no contract, no pin , owner who had rented the flat out had no idea how it got there etc.

I tried a couple of ways of doing the factory reset but they did not seem to work so I purchased a new Galaxy G2 panel and swapped the PCB over , set it up and all is well.

However I now have a panel sitting in my garage that I would like to re-use to replace my old Optima. I will need to but a keypad but if i can get the procedure to reset to factory in my opinion it will be worth it

Could someone help me with the correct reset procedure for a Galaxy G2-12 C012 with what appears to be 01/09/11 manufacturing date.

Help will be appreciated

Thanks

Reply to ADT Honeywell Galaxy 2 Alarm... DIY Help Needed... in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net