Discuss advice please in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

The statement you posted does not seem to be totally clear.
if you are talking about a reading between live and live then this would generally refer to insulation resistance measurements.
The higher the reading the better.
Therefore for a statement to say "neon boiler high reading live- live" would actually indicate that there was no problem with the readings as they are high.

Neon indicators on switches can generate low insulation resistance readings on live-live measurements, however this is not a fault it is just the nature of the neon.

Boilers are often supplied via fused spurs with neon indicators so someone may have assumed a switch with a neon indicator was a boiler.
Then they would have had to have got confused between high and low readings. And also got confused about whether this was a fault or not.

This is probably why you are getting varied responses here.

Earthing of metal accessories such as sockets generally refers to the metal face plate being earthed.
On some accessories it is necessary to run an earth tail from the circuit earthing to the metal face plate, however most modern plates are connected to the earthing terminal and are therefore earthed by the nature of their construction, especially sockets.
If a socket is not earthed it could mean that the faceplate could become live if there was a fault on the socket and this would not switch off automatically as it should do on a safely earthed circuit.
However the above could only be determined by taking off the faceplate and visually checking the wiring.

If the sockets have a earth cable connected to them but there is no continuity back to the consumer unit then this is also dangerous in case of a fault and could be checked without taking off the faceplate.

OVerall it sounds like an unlikley situation

It is my local council that requested the report, this is to see what actually needs to be done for the property's Rewiring, the electricians report some I understand, I do not understand these which is exactly how it is wrote on the inspection report,
1) neon boiler high reading on live-live.
2) can not check underfloor wiring.
I am courious as to what number 2 would be for? , and when it states neon boiler does this actually mean a boiler?
as I say I have no boilers or underfloor heating.

It is my local council that requested the report, this is to see what actually needs to be done for the property's Rewiring, the electricians report some I understand, I do not understand these which is exactly how it is wrote on the inspection report,
1) neon boiler high reading on live-live.
2) can not check underfloor wiring.
I am courious as to what number 2 would be for? , and when it states neon boiler does this actually mean a boiler?
as I say I have no boilers or underfloor heating.

Why has the local council requested a report? Do they own the property?

Yes it is council property, all the houses except 4 are council, they are approx 35 years old and the council is having them all rewired, I have asked neighbours if the have an inspection report like I have and no one seems to have got one only me.

No I am not stopping them, I have just asked if any one can tell me exactly what a neon boiler is and what the report is saying ie live-live, also why would I have underfloor wiring when I have water pipes under the floors? They stated that my brass effect switches and sockets were not earthed but I have taken a picture of the inside and they are earthed correct and secure.

No I am not stopping them, I have just asked if any one can tell me exactly what a neon boiler is and what the report is saying ie live-live, also why would I have underfloor wiring when I have water pipes under the floors? They stated that my brass effect switches and sockets were not earthed but I have taken a picture of the inside and they are earthed correct and secure.

what heats your hot water?

Reply to advice please in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net