Discuss An insulation resistance test in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

akmal

-
Reaction score
Hi,

Can some one please help me with this question:

Q: An insulation resistance test on one of the radial socket-outlet indicated zero mega ohm between line and neutral. Explain why the result of the previous R1 + R2 test could not be used to confirm polarity for this circuit.

If any one can answer this question, it will be very appreciated.

Thanks

Is this a homework question? We will gladly help you, but firstvshow what you think is the answer, then we will help and point you in the right direction.

If you are a trainee there is a section on here just for trainees, which you may want to join.

Hi,

Q: An insulation resistance test on one of the radial socket-outlet indicated zero mega ohm between line and neutral. Explain why the result of the previous R1 + R2 test could not be used to confirm polarity for this circuit.

Thanks
it might be worth signing upto the trainee section.

we dont do peoples homework for them.

what do you think?

what is an ir test? what is the difference between 0.00 and 999M ohms on ir test?

what would it mean if you got 0.00 on the test

R1 = L
R2 = cpc
Rn= N

Hi,

Thanks

Come on now put your thinking cap on, R1=res of line conductor
R2= res of cpc
RN =res of neutral
got it so far? and you have a line to neutral short 0Mohms, yes? so what do you the R1+R2 test will actually measure? rocket science it is not. Hope thats the right way to describe it, I have just got in from doing the shopping, I'm stressed.

Hi dude, So you have a "link" ,of unknown impedance,between R1 and Rn...and a continuity reading (presumably in Ohms) between R1 and R2.

If you draw it out,it may become clearer. :icon12:

If the question really uses the phrase "mega ohm" I'll show my arse in a shop window

Got a feeling Trev it should be Megohms all one word, not as some call it megger ohms mega ohms. but love to see your bare arse in a Tescos extra lol:laugh::speechless::speechless:

trev's arse in a tesco store window? would that be crack and collect?

Got a feeling Trev it should be Megohms all one word, not as some call it megger ohms mega ohms. but love to see your bare arse in a Tescos extra lol:laugh::speechless::speechless:
Mega ohms / Megger ohms. One of the many things that grates on me Pete

Reply to An insulation resistance test in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net