Discuss Bad customers/clients who wont pay... in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Did that some time back to someone... with one of the long-nozzle pro foam guns, and shoved a bit of 10mm microbore in for good measure.
It would start and idle lovely.... but try and drive it.... heehee!

Simon.

I thought it was only me who did that trick.

Just shows that great minds thing alike !!!

It should be possible for tradesmen to supply lack of payment information to the credit reference agencies. Then, for every job you could make a credit check on the client as part of the contract, hopefully this would be mininal cost. Any future tradesman could check the credit record of every client and be told if they were a debt risk, or in fact if they'd ever cheated another tradesman.

Had a look into this and legally you cannot publish their names and if you do they can take you to court. What a load of rubbish , talk about protect the wrong doers. They don't need real grounds, so just make sure you get everything in writing and signed then small claims court.

Unbelievable system in this country

Had a look into this and legally you cannot publish their names and if you do they can take you to court. What a load of rubbish , talk about protect the wrong doers. They don't need real grounds, so just make sure you get everything in writing and signed then small claims court.

Unbelievable system in this country

The problem is, is that there is always two sides to every story.

Whilst there are no doubt plenty of dodgy customers out there, there is also no shortage of dodgy tradesmen.
Would you like you name and credit record sullied just on the say so of some *insert tradesperson of choice*
The system would need checks and balances, and is almost certainly un-workable. It would just descend into 'he said, she said' 'the work was not up to standard' etc, etc.

As I said previously, even with the small claims court, you can win and still lose.

What would be useful, would be a cheap service where tradespeople can pay to see how credit worthy a potential customer is.
In fact I'm really surprised that this is not yet available.

Go into the house and remove your materials, at the end of the day its your property which someone has effectivley stolen, failing that call their bluff and tell them the heavys will be around
As i have stated earlier in this thread....such actions would leave the homeowner/person ordering the work without the basic neccessities of life and as such your actions could backfire on you...........

A big THANK YOU to all those who have given me advice and support on what to do.. I really cant thank you all enough..

cheers guys.

if we started a members only site and the only way to access the bad payers list was to insert your enrolement numbers it would keep out said people, we could use disclaimers of it is the opinion of electrician X that mr tightwad of 22 out to screw you Drive is a person not of correct paying nature and should be compared to eating sandwiches at the beach

I like that! Now is it the micro bore first and then the foam around it?

15mm is better for a normal motorist, it will let them pull off before choking the exhaust. Try and accelerate and then your bu**ered!

Mind you with some of the little boy racers around here 22mm would be better, give them a bit more rope.
  • Open car
  • Sit in car
  • Switch on boom box
  • Start engine
  • Rev the bo%%cks off it
  • Reverse and try to pull a doughnut in the road
  • Foot hard down and head to a blind junction
With enough back pressure the exhaust will explode! (With any luck).

I wonder how I know about that?

Microbore first... otherwise it too will fill with foam. And you can't put too much foam in either.
Having said that, if the rear silencer is very close to the end of the exhaust, those perforated tubes provide an excellent surface for the foam to key to, even if they are coated with soot

Simon.

Reply to Bad customers/clients who wont pay... in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net