Discuss 'Bruck' High line 12v track lighting... anyone ? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Having a nightmare here..... not up to me, customers spec !!

Right pain in the @rse.

This stuff isnt cheap by far, but so fiddly - the connection kit has no tolerance what so ever :

Suspended a 5 meter run across their new gloss white/granite island last week, went back today and it has dropped slightly, so tighten up and 'ping' one of them gives way (luckily I'd taken the 5 x glass pendants off already and the granite hasn't been fitted yet and it didn't hit the gloss!)

I think the problem maybe something to do with this, where the 6mm track cable is clamped and terminated it goes into a ferrel, this goes into a holder and then is clamped with grub screws. But when I fitted it the there was absolutely no way of getting the 6mm cable to fit into the ferrel, so I gave it a miniscule hair cut literately a couple of strands so it would fit and then clamped it right down and until the grub screws could go no more.

Looks like I might be having to do it all again.

Reply to 'Bruck' High line 12v track lighting... anyone ? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi guys I have some industrial lighting circuits to wire in a workshop and was after some fresh ideas/suggestions as to how i could best do this...
Replies
Views
I have halogen lights in my kitchen under the wall units, there are ten lights altogether bulbs are either 10 watt or 20 watt G4 bulbs ( not sure...
Replies
Views
I've been asked by a client to 'mask off' the green LED charging indictor lamps within several emergency lights fitted within bedrooms on a...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Im new to the forum and wanted to check something and maybe get some advice confirmation. Ive got halogen wall lights which use a...
Replies
Views
In my line of work it's very rare that I ever have to change a DB. I'm largely in maintenance; occasionally have to add new circuits etc. so in...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock