Discuss Dewalt 18v battery dead in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

Delboy247

How do I bring my dewalt battery's back to life, has anyone tryed and tested it, someone told to stick 1000v from my megger could this do it? Any suggestions would be great.

2 car batteries in series (24V ). then dab leads onto battery the wrong way round (+ to -) for 5 - 6 secs, then do it the right way round.

They seem a bit pricey mate I would rather try something first rather then spend I've got at least four that are dead it really messes me up.

I have been looking into this myself recently, and have found two ways that I have not tried myself yet:-
1. Get two good batteries series them up (or other way of generating 30 volts DC) and overvoltage the dead battery as said above by dabbing a few times (the correct polarity) on the dead one (source youtube)
2. Buy Duratool (from CPC.COM £7.99 ) battery and chop it open and transplant the cells into your dewalt battery (Source another thread here somewhere -top tips I think)

Lrt us know how you get on , as I will if I do mine first - I will try method 1 first (as it is easy) then 2 if that don't work
Martin

Saying that I had to jump my mates van the other day I got a brand new berlingo quality van but I couldn't find where the battery was underneath a ton of plastic

Reply to Dewalt 18v battery dead in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi All, Might be a stupid question but I have about 30 of these smart+guard alarmed call point covers to deal with. All the batteries are dead...
Replies
Views
I am a Napit registered electrician and want to get into Solar PV and battery storage. I have boot camp booked in April but am not hearing good...
Replies
Views
stair lift was off its charging section at top of stairlift track for some time rarly used. and upon checking batteries were dead. could not move...
Replies
Views
Hi! Some help would be appreciated! I've just moved into new house, wanting to check insulation resestance etc as getting some nuisance...
Replies
Views
So I'm looking to connect my car's battery directly to a Pure Sine Wave 2000w power inverter So I can use it on job sites etc to power a microwave...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock