Discuss DNOs and G83 limit in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I am please to say I received a very nice letter from the DNO NEDL. And after my subsequent conversation I can sum up the situation like this.

Although a great deal of sympathy was expressed by the engineer I spoke to it was unfortunately a sad tale.

The ENA have stated the maximum in amperes whether you agree with this or not, it is a fact and unfortunately we have to live with this until such times as it is changed. It appears that the limit will be adopted by all the DNO's in the not too distant future.

An example of how ridiculous this whole situation is, is the range quoted in G59 which is from 16A to 50kW! what sort of imbecile quotes a range stating a bottom level in one unit and the upper in an other.

I feel this is a bad thing for the industry and anyone paying the BPVA for membership should rattle them to take action on behalf if the industry, I know I am.

Time for a rethink I fear.:mad::mad::mad:

Reply to DNOs and G83 limit in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I'm not an electrician, just a householder (though do work in an area given a kick in the family jewels by government decision last year). I am...
Replies
Views
S
We have a customer with an interesting problem! Proposed install is on a split phase supply @ 460V 50kW system with existing DNO permission - As...
Replies
Views
S
What implications are there from underspecifying an inverter? (1) What actually results at the inverter, should the irradiance on the panels...
Replies
Views
D
Hi, Just contacted SP energy networks re. a 4kWp installation to see what my options are and was told definitely only G59. However, I see from...
Replies
Views
JulianC
J
We've received a note from WPD with an application which has been approved in South Wales which is out of our usual area although same DNO...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock