Discuss Domestic Installer in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Yes I know, A while back I suggested to be serious a card for short term course guys which would enable them to be qualified to work in the domestic enviroment only and also if they could show 5 jobs during a 12 month period which was actually looked at very closely and if it passed then they could become an electrician. I felt this would be a compromise and stop them working on non domestic jobs until they have had on site experience under supervision. It went down like a lead balloon.

I agree with you , the reason, probably, why your Idea was rejected was the scammers would be shown up for what they are, scammers, although I have worked the last 35 years in a protected job as such I doubt very much if I could get a gold JIB card or whatever, not that I need one now, too bloody old.

I.m sure where I stand, I work for the HMG as an Electrical Technician, did my time contracting for Electrical Contractors, 6 YEARS IT TOOK ME not 5weeks, you understand where I'm coming from, you are either an Electrician or you aint

Tongue in cheek, cock.
I'm taking the pi$$ outta the system, not you.
I got my C cert, too.

Last edited:
what is one of those then?

Well back in the golden days, when Electricians were Electricians and no Domestic Installers, yoy got the C&G "A" Electrician's JIB card, "B" Approved Electrician's card and "C" Technicians card, and if you were a real poser you could apply for the "ELECTRICIANS CERTIFICATE" which at the time, I believe you could put some letters after your name J. Bloggs CGLI Full Tech, yes I did get one and NO I did NOT put those letters after my name.

That must be why they call us saddo's then, eh.lol!

I used to have mine...for some reason I've had to reapply...what a pain in the butt. And nic aren't much help, only been with them 25 years, ffs

I used to have mine...for some reason I've had to reapply...what a pain in the butt. And nic aren't much help, only been with them 25 years, ffs
I had the same recently. Basically I applied again for my grade card although to be honest I don't need it now, but I earned it so I wanted it again. I had mislead some of my certs etc and the good news was even though it was the case, when I told them my national insurance number they knew all about my history, all my grades etc, they had copies of all my certs and knew my JIB grade, I just paid the 24 quid, signed the form and it came through the post, I was delighted, go for it M8, you earned it, get it back. I only had to send them a copy of my 17th and CSCS cert and the card came straight through, exactly like I remember it but a little more modern. My last card didn't have my picture on it, that was the only difference, chuffed to bits lol

I had the same recently. Basically I applied again for my grade card although to be honest I don't need it now, but I earned it so I wanted it again. I had mislead some of my certs etc and the good news was even though it was the case when I told them my national insurance number they knew all about my history, all my grades etc, they had copies of all my certs and knew my grade, I just paid the 24 quid, signed the form and it came through the post, I was delighted, go for it M8, you earned it, get it back. I only had to send them a copy of my 17th and CSC cert and the card came straight through, exactly like I remember it but a little more modern. My last card didn't have my picture on it, that was the only different, chuffed to bits lol

I'm trying and I'll get there, eventually. Glad you managed it, I'll have to try another route it seems.

Reply to Domestic Installer in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net