Discuss Electrician walked off the job half way, what now? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I got taken advantage of because I was a little naive and paid a deposit up front which I will never do again.

Many of us don't do work WITHOUT some form of up front deposit because of being caught out by bad paying customers!! It's a chicken and egg situation.

Many of us don't do work WITHOUT some form of up front deposit because of being caught out by bad paying customers!! It's a chicken and egg situation.

Yes its difficult what I do now is I pay everyone on friday at the end of the week. I have had some of the same trades working on there for the last 14 weeks so there is a level of trust between me and most of the people working there.

What do you want out of this thread? Sympathy? Not from me or many others I would guess.

You pulled a stunt with the first transaction, do the same to me and I’d walk away. During the hearing weren’t questions asked about the payment methods? Very surprised if there weren’t!

It would be interesting if the first electrician were to come on to here, there’s two sides to every story. This one has become long and boring!

Just a quick email to advise you that I will not be coming back up to XXXX as I was not happy in the way that you handed out the first payment or operated.
I run a professional business and do not run a cash business and that we were paid by a second party.

I have never heard such crap.We are in the middle of a reccession.I would be happy to take any money ,in any form,from anyone

i have read this thread with interest as i am looking for clues to be a succesful contractor...what i can really decipher is ....there is obviously 2 sides to every story and this is not a personal attack on the poster but it is clear he has flexible ways of working which the original spark wasnt happy with...who the hell calls a place with that many circuits 'small'?...i will pay you on monday which turns out to be 'someone else will pay you on tuesday'.....i think the original spark saw what was coming and just made sure he got out of there without taking a loss and i am struggling to fault him.

Personally I have reservation about the whole story, anyone with enough money to build a house of that size, in my honest opinion, is unlikely to bitch and moan about it on here to be honest, perhaps I am wrong, there is always a first time for such behaviour I suppose (The poster not me being wrong, that is regular!)

I would like to see a scanned copy of the Judgement on here (with ID's and addresses protected of course) just to be some form of proof this is not some elaborate bull. I have taken companies and individuals to court several times over the years for none payment, breach of contract etc, and there will be a written judgement...

i call bulls*** on the job even existing :)
no-one in chesterfield has the coin to build a 6000 sqft luxury designer apartment , the place is a dump lol.
and if they could afford it , they wouldnt build it there in the first place , they'd choose somewhere nicer.......
like the bronx , moss-side or toxteth.
;-)

What do you want out of this thread? Sympathy? Not from me or many others I would guess.

You pulled a stunt with the first transaction, do the same to me and I’d walk away. During the hearing weren’t questions asked about the payment methods? Very surprised if there weren’t!

It would be interesting if the first electrician were to come on to here, there’s two sides to every story. This one has become long and boring!

I dont want anything from this thread, I only posted an update because I said I would when I first created the thread.

i have read this thread with interest as i am looking for clues to be a succesful contractor...what i can really decipher is ....there is obviously 2 sides to every story and this is not a personal attack on the poster but it is clear he has flexible ways of working which the original spark wasnt happy with...who the hell calls a place with that many circuits 'small'?...i will pay you on monday which turns out to be 'someone else will pay you on tuesday'.....i think the original spark saw what was coming and just made sure he got out of there without taking a loss and i am struggling to fault him.

well, its not quite how it played out. I turned up with the cash on monday morning because I did not want to send a bank transfer in advance. He did not want cash so I said I will go and drop it into the bank but I did not manage to find time.

Tuesday came and I took the cash in with the intention of going to the bank during the day, he was so stressed about getting paid and not waiting a couple of hours for me to get out to go to the bank I said I would get my partner to do the transfer while he holds onto the cash.

i call bulls*** on the job even existing :)
no-one in chesterfield has the coin to build a 6000 sqft luxury designer apartment , the place is a dump lol.
and if they could afford it , they wouldnt build it there in the first place , they'd choose somewhere nicer.......
like the bronx , moss-side or toxteth.
;-)

DSC_0816_zps5e33fb79.jpgDSC_0671_zps738e130c.jpg
couple of photos attached, living room on the left and Kitchen on the right.

Chesterfield is not that bad, we are in a small village near chesterfield but yes given a choice I would be living back in London or Prague but work and family have brought us back to the UK.

Wonder who the lucky Spark on here is now the contractor?

He can post if he wants. I know he is following this thread. He seems to have done a very good job so far. I have to huge consumer units filled with RCBO's :)

I would be living back in London or Prague but work and family have brought us back to the UK.

Now I know London is very international, but when I was there a couple of days back it was till in the UK...has some bugger moved it in the meantime?

He can post if he wants. I know he is following this thread.

I'm sure everyone would love to hear from him even if just as confirmation the Job is real, as that stops all the speculation dead in it's tracks.

He seems to have done a very good job so far. I have to huge consumer units filled with RCBO's :)

I'll bet that is a pretty penny.

Just spotted the update, yes its me who is doing the rest. Some quite amusing comments .....
Chezvegas as it is called is my birth town, have travelled a fair bit over the years and its quite nice, we have the Peak District and surrounding villages which "southerners" fall over themselves to buy :)

As for the job, its one of those jobs which was / is always going to change.

I am the 3rd sparkie and the work done by the first was "OK" (probably less than a grands worth - i needed to neaten up a few runs and the zoning was a bit random, as for dead tests, no chance, no cable had been stripped. Have agreed with owner not to put the floors down until we have tested.

No biggy, 2nd did a bit to keep the job moving and as i understand it he was not available when needed.
This is the type of job where the sparkie can only do a bit at a time, with gaps over months. It suits me as i am very local and so far can keep ahead.

Just spotted the update, yes its me who is doing the rest. Some quite amusing comments .....
Chezvegas as it is called is my birth town, have travelled a fair bit over the years and its quite nice, we have the Peak District and surrounding villages which "southerners" fall over themselves to buy :)

As for the job, its one of those jobs which was / is always going to change.

I am the 3rd sparkie and the work done by the first was "OK" (probably less than a grands worth - i needed to neaten up a few runs and the zoning was a bit random, as for dead tests, no chance, no cable had been stripped. Have agreed with owner not to put the floors down until we have tested.

A sensible decision by the OP to get someone local!

Reply to Electrician walked off the job half way, what now? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net