Discuss EU banning Halogen bulbs! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

And I'm just pointing out that these are nazis (google it), and you want to join them.
me no , the EU has always had it in for UK. they want our Moines and nothing else.
my brother in law went to Brussel's .has he went to tell them about the fishing industry in uk has he was a fisher man and he was a spoke's man for all UK fishermen .when he spoke out about it to the EU they boo him .
google is a big company making Moines no difference to the EU.

Whether they had any choice but accept the terms the EU put on them to accept EU money ?
They had choices Murdoch, they could of left the euro zone, the EU or not had a bailout.
I'm against the EU's stance on Greece, I'm against a lot of what the EU does. That dosn't make it a dictatorship though.

This is a good read, though it's just someones opinion.

Greece has its problems with the EU, but it is in no hurry to leave | George Kyris - https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/jun/13/greece-problems-with-eu-would-never-leave

The EU is run by the elites for the elites, the German economy are the ones making the most out of the Euro and have the most to lose if it all falls apart, I just don't like the bullying and to be honest the UK will not leave the EU, all this faffing around is a smokescreen, leave means leave, get out sort out the financials later like in any divorce/separation.

Don't see a problem here. Buying LEDs that typically cost 2-3 times as much, use 80% less power and often last much longer than halos is a no brainer imo. OK, I understand people don't like being dictated too, but sometimes they need to be told!!
My only hope would be for better and more stringent manufacturing standards, as that has gone well and truly down the pan. Cracked open our Miele vac last weekend to get it firing again. Some of the components inside were really cheap and nasty looking. Seen similarly accountant-led manufacturing in other premium brands such as Bosch too.

Don't see a problem here. Buying LEDs that typically cost 2-3 times as much, use 80% less power and often last much longer than halos is a no brainer imo. OK, I understand people don't like being dictated too, but sometimes they need to be told!!
My only hope would be for better and more stringent manufacturing standards, as that has gone well and truly down the pan. Cracked open our Miele vac last weekend to get it firing again. Some of the components inside were really cheap and nasty looking. Seen similarly accountant-led manufacturing in other premium brands such as Bosch too.
I some COB LED's for the bathroom from LED Hut lucky I upgraded to their free extended warranty as over a period of two years they died one by one, in the end I ordered 2 spares of the new ones they where sending out so as not to be without one lamp, in the end when the last one was replaced then must have screwed up and sent me 7 which now sods law will out live me.

having tried several makes/styles of LED GU10s, most having failed within a few months, i went for minisun. fitted loads and not had 1 failure as yet.

Have one unfortunate customer who I installed some JCC 6's, whose had a few failures (6 0f 13), installed loads for others no probs.

Changed 3 last week for him, one of which packed up, and another existing one went in sympathy.

He got me to install them 3 years ago, 'cos I put some in his daughters house, and he was fed up replacing his existing 12v lamps & transformers :eek:

Have one unfortunate customer who I installed some JCC 6's, whose had a few failures (6 0f 13), installed loads for others no probs.

Changed 3 last week for him, one of which packed up, and another existing one went in sympathy.

He got me to install them 3 years ago, 'cos I put some in his daughters house, and he was fed up replacing his existing 12v lamps & transformers :eek:
What failed in these fittings LED or driver?

I only use Philips ones and they are ok, however LEDs are much more heat sensitive than halogens so despite the low power usage you have to make sure the fitting is up to it in terms of heat dissipation. A purpose made led fitting will always be more reliable than retro fit as the manufacturer can control the situation better.

What failed in these fittings LED or driver?
Dunno they are a sealed unit. JCC had a bad batch in 2014. My wholesalers won’t stock the FGLED6 anymore, saw 3 girt big boxes of them waiting to back to JCC.
My client is getting them replaced under JCC warranty. He doesn’t have return them to JCC, just take a picture and they’ll send replacement.

My house has a real mix of LEDs in it. Got GE, Lap, Enlite, Phillips, Sylvania, LED Hut and others. Not changed a single lamp in well over 2 years. The GE ones in the bathroom are essily around 6-8yrs old.
I tend to avoid makes such as Lap and Marbo, but I do feel the Lap GU10s are ok. Have retro fitted loads in the past with only the occasional known failure, and I think many of the customers where I have fitted them would ring if there was a failure.
An engineer told me that LED lamps tend to follow a bathtub curve in terms of reliability. What he meant was that if they fail it is often quite quickly after install, and if they last six months then they are likely to go on and last many years. Whether that is true or not is another thing though! I did Google it at the time.
One make of LED I would avoid is Ikea. There is nothing green nor sustainable about five lamps that all end up in the bin after less than six months!!

Been using Crompton GU10 WW 7watt been a good replacement for 50w also their GLS good output also 14 Denman's own steeple GU10 in my brothers house (one stopped working 5 minutes after installing) apart from that good output and still working.

The problem of heat loss has been overcome in the lab
Intriguing. How's that then? A filament at ~ 4000K is going to radiate on many wavelengths, the majority of power being in infra-red.
So I'm speculating here someone is trying to invented a high temperature phosphor able to re-emit long wavelengths in visible? .. Link??..

Reply to EU banning Halogen bulbs! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net