Discuss Halogen Gu10's Banned From Sept 1st in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

V

Vitesse

I don't know if there is another thread on this? But I can't find one. I got an email the other day saying that directional halogen bulbs (which includes GU10) would be banned/phased out from 1st Sept 2016. I must admit I know there were murmurings a couple of years ago about EU legislation being delayed but it appears to be starting now with GU10 and I assume MR16 as well.

From a reliable source so must be correct.

Could be a good selling point to advise people to convert to LED's.

http://www.which.co.uk/news/2016/08/halogen-spotlights-banned-from-september-450723/

Like they banned all the other incandesent lights which are on sale in the discount shops for peanuts now.

Thought we were in the Brexit period now seem to remember we we "won" the exit vote.Dont we make our own laws now?
I am an advocate for leds they are brilliant and cover most of the range of lighting frequencys and luminositys. They are now cheap, long lasting and without the heat will reduce fires but why ban something which is usefull ? Not seen an led that is suitable for hot conditions yet.Wondering how long an led will last in an oven? will it incubate chickens or keep lizards warm?

I did some LED conversations earlier this year in some luxury apartments. It was an old Victorian country house that was converted to apartments by a big developer. These apartments sold for in excess of £1.5m each and were only finished about 18 months ago and I was quite surprised that they had used halogen GU10's.

The first apartment I converted over 50 to LED, all Megaman bulbs at £8 each, so £400 in bulbs alone. Then I got call from a neighbour recently, I went around there and they want theirs converted to LED as well, they have 81 in total and also want Megaman bulbs at £8 each. I'll will probably get my existing customers to tell the rest of the occupiers that they need to get it done as well. Could be worth a try.

Boring work but easy money and sore neck!!!!!

I did some LED conversations earlier this year in some luxury apartments. It was an old Victorian country house that was converted to apartments by a big developer. These apartments sold for in excess of £1.5m each and were only finished about 18 months ago and I was quite surprised that they had used halogen GU10's.

The first apartment I converted over 50 to LED, all Megaman bulbs at £8 each, so £400 in bulbs alone. Then I got call from a neighbour recently, I went around there and they want theirs converted to LED as well, they have 81 in total and also want Megaman bulbs at £8 each. I'll will probably get my existing customers to tell the rest of the occupiers that they need to get it done as well. Could be worth a try.

Boring work but easy money and sore neck!!!!!
recently done 45 ,very sore neck!!!

Reply to Halogen Gu10's Banned From Sept 1st in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net