Discuss EU banning Halogen bulbs! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Intriguing. How's that then? A filament at ~ 4000K is going to radiate on many wavelengths, the majority of power being in infra-red.
So I'm speculating here someone is trying to invented a high temperature phosphor able to re-emit long wavelengths in visible? .. Link??..

The technology works,it seems its a matter of improving whats been achieved and reaching possible efficiency targets

Have a look at this link
MIT develops energy-efficient incandescent light bulbs - https://www.dezeen.com/2016/01/13/mit-energy-efficient-incandescent-light-bulb-research/

Oh and UNG,thanks for yet another dumb rating:rolleyes:
This time its for a published Graph of peoples opinions
:confused: (The dumb award for that one seems to be even dumber to me)

Maybe you can take it up with the publishers,I only copied and pasted the information,there again, maybe you are so narrow sighted you see nothing other than what you want to see

It would be refreshing to actually see you post something of your arguments,its tedious and a little boring watching you hitting the dumb button with monotonous regularity:oldwoman:

Last edited:
Pound to a penny it’s his scrolling fat finger that hit ‘dumb’ whilst perusing your wonderful and enlightening posts!
The technology works,it seems its a matter of improving whats been achieved and reaching possible efficiency targets

Have a look at this link
MIT develops energy-efficient incandescent light bulbs - https://www.dezeen.com/2016/01/13/mit-energy-efficient-incandescent-light-bulb-research/

Oh and UNG,thanks for yet another dumb rating:rolleyes:
This time its for a published Graph of peoples opinions
:confused: (The dumb award for that one seems to be even dumber to me)

Maybe you can take it up with the publishers,I only copied and pasted the information,there again, maybe you are so narrow sighted you see nothing other than what you want to see

It would be refreshing to actually see you post something of your arguments,its tedious and a little boring watching you hitting the dumb button with monotonous regularity:oldwoman:

This will now depend upon lumens per watt as for the colour the warm white ones are as close, people will get used to the colour.

Reply to EU banning Halogen bulbs! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net