Discuss EU banning Halogen bulbs! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Did our political elite not start lobbying for a ban on high energy consuming devices back in 2006 and the EU then decided to bring in new laws?

So we have ourselves to blame as the EU are only doing what we wanted in the first place?

Apart from our kettles, you can leave those alone!!!

Bundesarchiv_Bild_147-0510%2C_Berlin%2C_Lustgarten%2C_Kundgebung_der_HJ.jpg
we want be do this next year .;) this small island will stand up to any country that mess with us .

You do know that our forefathers fought these people Buzz?
Some gave up their lives in the fight.

I guess you didn't.

my my ,the great EU .it was set up for trade .not telling us what we can and not do .
what about trying to say to traders you can only sell straight bananas.
F88KING BRATS. :mad:
Buzz there has never been a ban on bent bananas, that is a myth. There is a regulation defining classes of bananas but that was for wholesale purposes. That will not change.

I hope that helps Buzz, now that you know you were decieved I expect you'll be demanding another referendum, good luck with that, I'm against one.

You do know that our forefathers fought these people Buzz?
Some gave up their lives in the fight.
i am just pointing to the way the EU are a dictatorship. if the picture offended anybody then i will not apologise .
the men are buried in those foreign country's fort for hour beliefs
so next time those Cretins in EU should think before making up more c**P.
they are not far from the truth in that picture .
i voted out .

i am just pointing to the way the EU are a dictatorship. if the picture offended anybody then i will not apologise .
the men are buried in those foreign country's fort for hour beliefs
so next time those Cretins in EU should think before making up more c**P.
they are not far from the truth in that picture .
i voted out .
And I'm just pointing out that these are nazis (google it), and you want to join them.
Google dictatorship whilst you're at it and explain how that applies to the EU.

EU hoover ban: Powerful vacuums outlawed ,WHAT A LOAD OF S**t.
I think you'll find high energy using vacuums were banned because manufacturers were competing on wattage (ie energy used) rather than how well they cleaned. The eu also brought in one of those rainbow rating labels to show how good the vacs actually are at the job.
The makers were effectively strapping fan heaters to their vacs to make the wattage higher making us all fools
there has never been a ban on bent bananas, that is a myth
Yes Boris the clown admitted he made all that up because it made his column in the paper more interesting

About time they were banned, they're so inefficient it's criminal.

Same with vacuum cleaners, the idiot manufacturers have spent decades convincing the idiot customers that if a vacuum cleaner has a bigger motor it must be better. It just led to a race to make them with most enormous motors and appalling efficiency possibly because the marketing made them sell. You can outperform a 2kw power vacuum cleaner with a 500w EC motor version but now the only way to get manufacturers to become energy efficient is with legislation.

I agree with a ban.
You don't have to look hard to find someone who has made their decision that low energy light bulbs are rubbish and given the choice would use 210W to light up a small kitchen instead of 33W.

I expect almost everyone on this forum has seen the damage caused by hot light bulbs, from making a lampholder brittle to the point where it can crack and reveal live conductors to where an installer has messed up the spacing between downlighters and the joist has become charred, not to mention the obvious benefit of having a light bulb which you can accidentally or otherwise touch without burning yourself.

About time they were banned, they're so inefficient it's criminal.

Same with vacuum cleaners, the idiot manufacturers have spent decades convincing the idiot customers that if a vacuum cleaner has a bigger motor it must be better. It just led to a race to make them with most enormous motors and appalling efficiency possibly because the marketing made them sell. You can outperform a 2kw power vacuum cleaner with a 500w EC motor version but now the only way to get manufacturers to become energy efficient is with legislation.
I'd rather the sound of a 7 litre V8 then a 1.8 TDi VSi Ghia AlFresco......

Reply to EU banning Halogen bulbs! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net