Discuss honey well keypad in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

andy1494

hi there in the progress of replaceing a new keypad and alarm box the keypad i bought was an 8EP416-EU and the alarm box connect AG6 to Optima Compact GEN4, did the keypad the same as it was before then the box soon as i connect power the alarm went off put in the code alarm stop then that was it,
on the keypad i showed a spanner with the a red light on contacted honeywell they said there a fault with the tamp , so i took it down taken it back replace it and again am i doing some thing wrong.

mate when you put the cover on the keypad and press the buttons can you here the tamp switch clicking i jsut istalled one of these and the tamp switch woudlnt set so had to put some tape behind it to press the switch in more as it wasnt so every time the cover was opened it would show tamp

other than this mate cant really help

Alarm man one of the forum memebers may be able to help you more

hi there, when i connected the power back on the alarm and strobe went of in theory i now the box is working, when the power went on and everything sounded, i put in code which i new was working from my oldman then nothing at first i heard clicking on the panel then it was quiet, tried some tape had to use some force to hear it click but still the same

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to honey well keypad in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, just wondering if anyone could help me. I’ve just installed a texecom Veritas alarm in my garage at home and can’t seem to get rid of the...
Replies
Views
I’ve been in the Fire and Security Industry arounf 3 years now and have my qualifications. I was given an Install of a Panel change and Keypad and...
Replies
Views
I used to fit Bell door entry systems all the while about 20 years ago but I'm a bit rusty on them now, am I correct in saying if you use a DC...
Replies
Views
My Veritas R8 Excel panel recently developed a power fault and I have replaced the entire unit and reprogrammed it. I can part set the alarm when...
Replies
Views
I have an old Optima XM alarm system in my house in which has worked fine for over 20 years. Recently when I was trying to set the alarm to go...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock