Discuss More suffering, sad news about the tower block fire in London in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

The idiot upping images to facebook is just an idiot and there's always one.

I don't think the root cause of the fire is of great importance in this particular case, bottom line is there's always going to be some kind of fire at some time in a block of flats, it's more about how the building performed poorly as a whole. Even the lack of fire alarms would surely have had little, if any, effect on the outcome because the fire drill was to remain in your flat....which is exactly what most people would have done even without an alarm and in ignorance of the fire. Maybe stairwell pressurization would have saved some lives especially seeing as there was only one stairwell.

I can imagine it was a difficult task for firefighters who are better equipped to deal with a fire inside a building rather than one outside.

Reply to More suffering, sad news about the tower block fire in London in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello, I applied for a retrospective completion certificate for kitchen relocation. The work was done about 7 years ago. The building standard...
Replies
Views
An Invitation to Retired Electricians anywhere except the UK with Four Days a Month for a Niche Opportunity That Can Earn 15K a Year. There are...
Replies
Views
Not come across this before, so would like some help, please. I went to install smokes and heat alarm (to new Scottish regs) in a fairly modern...
Replies
Views
R
Hi all I have come on here in hope for some advice if possible. Yesterday my wife was at home with my three children when she smelt a strong...
Replies
Views
S
Hello all I'm new to this forum and have recently joined due to a lot of threads here have been quite interesting and many have very good answers...
Replies
Views
Sam cook
S

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock