Discuss New competent person register June 30th in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

Maddison

Not sure how this will help the industry. Why can't they just bring in a national license for competent electricians. Really p****s me off. Clearly having a JIB card is not enough for customers and recognition in the industry to people outside. Having been in Australia for a while now the way they run the electrical licensing here is ten fold better. No Certs no license. Haven't done an apprenticeship sorry no license.. Can't buy your way into the industry... Not oh you've got 17th edition do you want to re-wire my house and get a "mate" to commission it.

Here we go again!

As Madison has said, a national register is the only way to go. (I’ll be long dead before that happens.)
If the Electrical Trainee’s don’t pass muster, tough. It’s up to them to ensure they are properly qualified or get out.

I never had a call from a client who said they found me on a Government or trade register - so WTF.

Guess who's funding this latest farce - yes, all the mugs like me who pay fees to the schemes.

Another stupid step in the wrong direction.

I thought that they were filtering out guys who haven't got adequate tickets and/or experience. I remember hearing something regarding a minimum of NVQ 3 or equiv to work on a domestic property being brought in but all the article really says is they are making it easier for customers to recognise a single "brand". It would be nice to hear from a scheme rep themselves as to what the benefits are as I'm sure he'd get torn a new one

Maddison : Taken for Extracts

Select Committee finding needs industry sense check
19/03/2014

That is the view of NICEIC & ELECSA in response to parliamentary recommendations for all domestic electricians to have a qualification equivalent to NVQ level 3 within the next five years

Reply to New competent person register June 30th in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net