Discuss New kitchen does it need own fusebox or change just the mains fusebox? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I read in some forums that people read in the manual that it invalidates warranty

Think of it another way and forget about what manuals might state...

If you damaged an appliance flex and had it replaced, would you expect this to void the warranty? Consumer law would not be on the manufacturer's side, should they reject a claim under such circumstances.

It won't invalidate warranty if done correctly......but why hard wire appliances if they come with a 13a plug connected? If you have problems with them it just creates more.
Is he talking about FCU's at worktop height with sockets below?

It won't invalidate warranty if done correctly......but why hard wire appliances if they come with a 13a plug connected? If you have problems with them it just creates more.
Is he talking about FCU's at worktop height with sockets below?
Hi

Does it really cause more problems? I'm reading Conflicting reports.

Yes FCU at worktop with hardwire behind cooker

Socket in adjacent cupboard.

Sometimes there’s not enough space directly behind an appliance for a plug.

You need to be able to isolate an appliance quickly… so switch above worktop, or accessible socket.

I also think myself you need to be able to quickly remove an appliance from the property if it starts smoking.

Socket in adjacent cupboard.

Sometimes there’s not enough space directly behind an appliance for a plug.

You need to be able to isolate an appliance quickly… so switch above worktop, or accessible socket.

I also think myself you need to be able to quickly remove an appliance from the property if it starts smoking.
The isolation switch is above worktop level and the hardwire is behind the cooker

The isolation switch is above worktop level and the hardwire is behind the cooker
When you mention "cooker", do you mean with a hob on top, grill and oven(s)? Or is it just an oven unit?
If the former it needs a circuit rated for a cooker, and a proper cooker switch, not a 13A fcu. And not a 13A plug 🤪

When you mention "cooker", do you mean with a hob on top, grill and oven(s)? Or is it just an oven unit?
If the former it needs a circuit rated for a cooker, and a proper cooker switch, not a 13A fcu. And not a 13A plug 🤪
Its a gas double oven with electric grill option and 4 gas hobs

Its a gas double oven with electric grill option and 4 gas hobs
OK, fine. That's a combination I didn't consider! No problem with the proposed arrangements.

There's been much said on the interweb about cutting off of an appliance plug invalidating warranty.
It's generally considered here to be a myth.

Not really no. Sorry to say this about women on their behalf and mine but im a woman and pretty much clueless
So it seems...........sorry, only joking, Ell 😉.......and to all our competent women members.

I think it might be best if you had a word with your electrician for a decent explanation that you can understand, to put your mind at rest. Ask why there is any need for fixed wired appliances (rather than plug-in). I've a feeling there might not be....and there may be no intention of using them. If there is, you'll know why.

Reply to New kitchen does it need own fusebox or change just the mains fusebox? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net