Discuss niceic assesment help in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

NICEIC is all that average Joe public recognises be it Domestic part p or full scope schemes.
The money is around the same ball park,so if you want the work go with the NICEIC,
They offer more seminars around the country and Ive found there website and helplines more than usefull.
NAPIT,ELECSA,looked into both these and they also seem like good schemes!! but who are they?? sorry guys but that is what joe public will say!!! The minuite you start to explain they just start hearing John Wayne sing I was born under a wandering star!!!Do yourselves a favour and get NICEIC registered>>>

NICEIC is all that average Joe public recognises be it Domestic part p or full scope schemes.
The money is around the same ball park,so if you want the work go with the NICEIC,
They offer more seminars around the country and Ive found there website and helplines more than usefull.
NAPIT,ELECSA,looked into both these and they also seem like good schemes!! but who are they?? sorry guys but that is what joe public will say!!! The minuite you start to explain they just start hearing John Wayne sing I was born under a wandering star!!!Do yourselves a favour and get NICEIC registered>>>

Did you mean Lee Marvin??

1) The money is around the same ball park,so if you want the work go with the NICEIC,
may be ball park but in my previous dealings with NIC they seemed to be demanding and liked to interperate the regs there own way!

2) They offer more seminars around the country and Ive found there website and helplines more than usefull.
i dont really care about seminars!

3) NAPIT,ELECSA,looked into both these and they also seem like good schemes!! but who are they??
they are a government Part P scheme set up in 2005 if thy were total ******* they would not exist!

actually who are the NIC!!! tell me one thing that the NIC does different to other schemes!!! in my eyes they only shemes that mean any thing are Government agencys!! i,e Building Control!!

4) Do yourselves a favour and get NICEIC registered..!! sorry guys but that is what joe public will say!!! The minuite you start to explain they just start hearing John Wayne sing I was born under a wandering star!!!

are you a bloody salesman for the NIC!!! your talking absoloute tripe!!! my customers ask me if im qualified and i say yes also tell them that im with Elecsa... when they say who is that i say its one of 3 Part P scheme operators who in conjunction with building control assess and vet electrical contractors..!

Last edited by a moderator:
1) The money is around the same ball park,so if you want the work go with the NICEIC,
may be ball park but in my previous dealings with NIC they seemed to be demanding and liked to interperate the regs there own way!

2) They offer more seminars around the country and Ive found there website and helplines more than usefull.

3) NAPIT,ELECSA,looked into both these and they also seem like good schemes!! but who are they??
they are a government Part P scheme set up in 2005 if thy were total ******* they would not exist!

actually who are the NIC!!! tell me one thing that the NIC does different to other schemes!!! in my eyes they only shemes that mean any thing are Government agencys!! i,e Building Control!!

4) Do yourselves a favour and get NICEIC registered..!! sorry guys but that is what joe public will say!!! The minuite you start to explain they just start hearing John Wayne sing I was born under a wandering star!!!

are you a bloody salesman for the NIC!!! your talking absoloute tripe!!! my customers ask me if im qualified and i say yes also tell them that im with Elecsa... when they say who is that i say its one of 3 Part P scheme operators who in conjunction with building control assess and vet electrical contractors..!
i must admit i dont ever remember having to explain to a customer who nic are so that must be a positive :p

you cant deny that on some installation instructions there is a recommendation that an niceic registered electrician is used, never sen a recommendation for any other scheme so when granny reaches for the yellow pages and looks for niceic ad she finds me ;)

Durham , seminars are there to improve knowledge but as in your own words you dont care for seminars that is why you joined a group that u have to explain who they are to customers(your own words)

But durham if you think small you will stay small .

as u advertised a massive job the other day and it only needed 3 sparks.. isnt that a normal day to day job

4 operators

99.9% my customers dont know who the hell NIC, Elecsa or Napit are..!! all they are interested in is a Qualified Electrician who wont burn there house down!!

all i get asked is are you Part P registered and fully qualified!

i explained in my post i dont have the time to take on big jobs! i have a full time job looking after a 300,000 sq foot data centre to worry about! my business will stay small and remain small until a time i can give up my 35k 4 on 4 off guranteed income sparky job and earn more!!

my business employes 1 spark and thats me! if the job takes longer than 4 days im not interested unless its a empty property and deadlines are not to worry about!

personally the way i see it is this! i dont slag off any of the scheme operators of electricians unless i have a valid reason to do so! they are all government approved and regulated via Building control,
the people i have a problem with are the cowboys who think black to black red to red then sod off!!!

i find customers take a dim view of over confident sparks spouting off how bad other scheme electricians are!!

well im off to work now so may be on laters when im sitting around!!

The larger electrical contracting companies are NICEIC registered, fact.
Most are also registered with the ECA.
When covering medium to large industrial contracts the consulting companies and specs make a point of mentioning NICEIC in the tenders, have seen this many many times.
If people want to register with other scheme providers so be it.
But there is no question that the NICEIC is the most recognised, and the fact your registering with someone else won't make that change overnight.
In the future ?? who knows. Would it be a good thing ?? For us. Definately. ;)

The larger electrical contracting companies are NICEIC registered, fact.
Most are also registered with the ECA.
When covering medium to large industrial contracts the consulting companies and specs make a point of mentioning NICEIC in the tenders, have seen this many many times.
If people want to register with other scheme providers so be it.
But there is no question that the NICEIC is the most recognised, and the fact your registering with someone else won't make that change overnight.
well said that man

i for one would be going with napit for £300 if things were to change :p

flukey
the problem is , if the nic was not the no1 recognised body then they would charge £300 to try and get u enrolled , NAPIT are offering one hell of a deal , but i wonder if they became massive they would not exploit us.

to be fair we all do it , if we are short on work we quote to try and win it and if were snowed under we over price as we cant really fit it in and if someone wants to pay over the odds we will squeeze them in.

i for one would be going with napit for £300 if things were to change :p

If things were to change all the scheme providers would be competing on an equal footing. thats why I say it would be good for us.
At the moment its not equal, thats why NAPIT are cheaper, (They want the business) And thats why the NICEIC don't care. (They have the upper hand and know it)
As the other bodies become more recognised, then healthy competition comes into play. That way prices could become more competitive, and I'm all for that.;)

If things were to change all the scheme providers would be competing on an equal footing. thats why I say it would be good for us.
At the moment its not equal, thats why NAPIT are cheaper, (They want the business) And thats why the NICEIC don't care. (They have the upper hand and know it)
As the other bodies become more recognised, then healthy competition comes into play. That way prices could become more competitive, and I'm all for that.;)
cant ever see it being equal as nic have had a major head start over the others.

what i meant was if instructions and the like stopped making reference to nic i would be going with the cheapest scheme as i only want to notify for the least amount of my hard earned :p

Durham , seminars are there to improve knowledge but as in your own words you dont care for seminars that is why you joined a group that u have to explain who they are to customers(your own words)

But durham if you think small you will stay small .

as u advertised a massive job the other day and it only needed 3 sparks.. isnt that a normal day to day job

Oh, what a big man you are. A big job that needs 3 sparks may be a normal day-to-day job for you, cos you're such a big man and all, but for the ordinary jobbing domestic spark, yes it is a big job, and Durham was a properly big man to admit it was too big for him. To be honest it's not been long since you were on here saying you'd just done your NIC isn't it? I may be wrong but I seem to remember that. If you've gone straight from your assessment to being the gaffer on 3 man jobs then, well, you're a luckier man than I am.

I hope calling people 'small' from behind your PC screen makes you feel big. Some people are just happy to be out getting some work and experience, some people have five year plans and ten year plans and want to learn their trade, not pass their NIC assessment (let's be honest every assessment, even my relitively difficult one, is a piece of cake) then go on to do really big jobs with multiple sparks and slag anybody takes on the smaller jobs and knows their limitations

Plenty of room for that sort of thing on the screwfix forum.

Durham man, I loved that kick in the goolies.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aw, come on chaps, take a break and lets get back to a learning enviroment, shake hands as it were and lets bloody enjoy the job !!. As an offer to both of you, My NICEIC assesment went on 5 hours, argue as much as you like, it did. I will make sure next time there are only two tea bags on open view.
My inspector went through with a fine tooth combe. Not only both installations, but my knowledge of the regs and general knowledge that we all should know. If I didnt know a COMPLEAT answer i certainly know where to find the answer, and often refered to the BRB and the others to give an answer.This he was very happy with and stated thats exactly the reason why they want to see the books swith you on the asessment day.
Any course I have ever done, has supplied deatils of all the sceme operators, and were unbiased. I went with the Nic because and purely because, the local electricain had it all over his van, so therfore they must be good. I have no experience of other scheme operators, so I can only give my experience of the NIC. All I want to be honest is someone to answer the phone when I have a technical problem, and be in the price range of the ther schemes.

Dont know why we are arguing amongst our selves over such a load of wet nappies!

I am very happy with my provider, it does not rhymm with nappeis and at the end of the day thats what matters, who cares that I am registered with the dukes of hazard B+Q specials!!!!

Reply to niceic assesment help in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net