Discuss niceic assesment help in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Dredski, we may have failed you, now we should try to answer you. I take it this is your first inspection. Ok put yourself in the place of an Inspector. what jobs are you showing him ? Mine was a half meter extension of a cooker cable, then a full rewire of a huge house, with deviations from 7671.
He will ask you about your job. Resesarch every aspect of the things attached to your job, very hot on earthing arangements. you will get a load of questions on cable routing,and general stuff. But be prepared for loads of questions specific to your jobs. Obviously give him a re wire to look at and he will have an armoury of a million questions to ask you, but if you get my point they will be specific to the re wire. The low ball questions will be thrown in ad lib. The most important thing to do is if you do not know an answer, or only partly, do not EVER EVER bull****- he may think you will do something silly in the real world- say I dont know and then go to your books and get the answer, he will be impressed with that !!
I dont know what jobs you have put up, my inspector wanted a socket off to see my workmanship, odd lighting rose to see if i had sleeved my switch wires, he was looking for faults, he asked me why the grey sleeving entered the back of a socket- reply of course is must enter enclosures- be ready mate, I did get pulled up on my R1 R2 reading, my lines were 0.35 and 0.36, acceptble for the known cable length, I recorded my R1 R2 as 0.74, when I was testing I can remeber thinking thats about right. Of course, if you 0.36 x 1.67 you dont get that, so I was advised to hunt for the loose CPC and passed - go for it mate !!

same here...! i dont do comercial work and above... im a one man band and i like to stick to simple jobs doing a job of top quality and getting my landlord inspections done!!

my customers ask me if im qualified and i say yes also tell them that im with Elecsa... when they say who is that i say its one of the Part P scheme operators who in conjunction with building control assess and vet electrical contractors..!

Well said, isn't that all that is needed or required to be said why would anyone want to complicate it further?

Last edited by a moderator:
Well said, isn't that all that is needed or required to be said why would anyone want to complicate it further?
quite right that is all that should be said, its the customer that complicates things by asking who elecsa are and that is the point being raised here

you shouldnt have to explain who is who as theschemes public profile should be big enough for them to know and its a sad but true fact that the only scheme with a large enough public profile is the nic :p

so if you dont want to explain yourself time after time go nic, if your fighting for equal rights for all go with one of the others ;)

Reply to niceic assesment help in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net