Discuss Prices per circuit in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

I should have said that after 37 circuits you are then on bonus : £2.50 per circuit. One "tester" tested 70 circuits in a hospital yesterday. He earned £100 for a days work plus 33 x £2.50 = £82.50 bonus... Times that by 5..... Thats why it's being done like that !!

If he did this in an 8 hour day he certainly didn't fully test and document the results of 8.75 circuits / hour (6.87 minutes / circuit) and I doubt he could get anywhere near 70 circuits in a 12 hour day doing it properly and not having a results sheet that is not a work of fiction

I usually price testing at £30 per circuit. And subject to £150 minimum.

I did work for an electrical firm that done the fixed wire testing for one of the big four supermarket chains. That was okay for a while and then they started wanting more and more done quicker and quicker.
I returned to few stores more than once and found the same defects again which had obviously not been repaired. And they were code 1s and 2s.

No UNG, not an 8 hour day, 7.5 hours..... not only that he's only on site for 6 hours max !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your just digging a bigger hole for this guy we are now at testing 11.666 circuits / hour for 6 hours you cannot produce any meaningful results for each circuit at this speed let alone check behind any accessories

I usually price testing at £30 per circuit. And subject to £150 minimum.

I did work for an electrical firm that done the fixed wire testing for one of the big four supermarket chains. That was okay for a while and then they started wanting more and more done quicker and quicker.
I returned to few stores more than once and found the same defects again which had obviously not been repaired. And they were code 1s and 2s.

How can you walk away from a circuit that has been coded 1? without rectifying or locking off?

Anyone got the punch line for:

How many LIMs does it take to complete a drive-by EICR?

Expecting anyone to test at that rate, or as Engineer54 notes, a responsible mamager to accept such nonsense shows the Industry has found new depths of complacency/ignorance.

It is tragic that anyone is pressurised to compromise safety.

Just remember the person signing the EICR may end up at a Coroners inquest if the worst happens...

Has anybody seen that new wireless MFT that's bee introduced to speed up testing and reduce the time taken to do an EICR

Thinking of starting my own testing company up I'm not going to invest in any test instruments just a pad a calculator and a stool to sit on why I make up my own results should be able to hundreds a day anyone interested joke of course but its were were heading with these rogue companies

test 70 circuits in a hospital in one day lol ,i'd be supprized if he could get permission to turn 7 circuits off in a day never mind 70
£30 a circuit or day work for me if people think its dear there welcome to jog on besides i dont paticularly like doing em anyway

I was recently asked to give a price for testing a 21 room old people home. I said minimum of £700, that would be for me and a mate, and I was allowing 2 days at 10 hours. I don't think I was being unreasonable, but he said he expected it at half of that price.
furniture would have to be moved, I couldn't leave anything open ect. It all adds up

The last EICR I did, I worked out I averaged about 40 mins per circuit. This was at least 50% sampling, because if the age and condition. This included small repairs, and tracing/ fault finding.

How can you walk away from a circuit that has been coded 1? without rectifying or locking off?

We were not allowed to fix anything, just report on the electrical condition. If I found anything dangerous I was to fill out a potentially dangerous defect report and get the manager to sign it and then report it to our manager the next working day.
I remember finding 160amp BS88 fuses feeding an essential services board had been replaced with small links made with 6mm green and yellow! If I had disconnected it I would have literally shut down the store and all the fridges freezers and cold stores would have been full of rotten food.
I was informed that I should leave it or I'd be finding myself a new job.,

These EICR test report sheets must have more LIM's than they have recorded data. Who is actually accepting these worthless EICR's?? That Hospital Engineering Manager mentioned above, wouldn't accept such EICR's as being compliant with his National hospital regulations (can't remember the official name of them. lol!!) Surely??

Reply to Prices per circuit in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net