Discuss RCBO has tripped - help in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I do sense a little bit of the yellow stuff been taken out of the incompetence of some 'Electricians' - If you hold this title and ask such a question then McDonalds are hiring!

PS - run an extension from upstairs ...voila boiler back on and you can walk away happy!

Or put it in the main switch,,,LOL..

Test the heating circuit then , but be careful with the boiler and electronics , I would use 250V setting on the I/R tester,,

and i'd only test L/N shorted together and test to E.

Are you seriously telling my P&S you panicked and jumped o here before isolating each circuit on the RCD to isolate the fault...hence i thought it was a stupid question for yourself, if the as the rcd has tripped i would assume a L/E fault if flipping the Heating mcb off without disconnecting N cures RCD tripping.

Or am I correct you are on a wind up!

don't panic, mr. mainwaring. don't panic.

jonesey.jpg

OK, please remember its my day off, not so much panic, more hissed off I cannot have a day off without trauma coming my way. Mrs P&S has admitted to spilling the water here So has tel has kindly suggested I have done this. Any idea how long this could take as daughter is back in a couple of hours and no doubt will miss these immediately

Sorry P&S, I thought you were taking the proverbial..

As you have isolated the fault to that circuit with the DP switch, get your IR tester on that part of the circuit L+N to E after the DP switch, then as you are drying it out you will be able to see if the IR reading is rising or not, and how effective you are drying it out, or which bit needs drying out.

Reply to RCBO has tripped - help in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I have a ring cct (2.5mm ) in my cabin which is protected by a 20amp RCBO. This has been in existence for over 3 years with no issues. I recently...
Replies
Views
Hi, I swapped a 2 gang switched socket for a 2 gang switchless socket with usb ports downstairs. I switched off all the power to the house by...
Replies
Views
I have an issue with a home lighting circuit 6A RCBO provides power to 13 bulbs which randomly keeps tripping, when I say randomly it keeps...
Replies
Views
I'm writing this mainly hoping something occurs to me while writing it! I got called to an occasionally tripping RCD. It's a Hager double height...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Wondering if you could offer some advice please. I carried out a small outdoor lighting project today at a commercial property. 4 lights...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock