Discuss RCBO has tripped - help in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OK, please remember its my day off, not so much panic, more hissed off I cannot have a day off without trauma coming my way. Mrs P&S has admitted to spilling the water here So has tel has kindly suggested I have done this. Any idea how long this could take as daughter is back in a couple of hours and no doubt will miss these immediately

get her coat out of the wardrobe. give her some hot soup. bloody 'ell. how do you think we managed with no lights, only heat was from the fires caused by luftwaffe bombs, no food coz the barstewards bombed our chippy.

OK, please remember its my day off, not so much panic, more hissed off I cannot have a day off without trauma coming my way. Mrs P&S has admitted to spilling the water here So has tel has kindly suggested I have done this. Any idea how long this could take as daughter is back in a couple of hours and no doubt will miss these immediately
It depends, find out the output of the heating element in hair drier 1 (HD1), then again for hair drier 2 (HD2). Then estimate the amount of water which was spilt (w) and the amount of area which is wet (A), then apply the following formula: [(HD1 + HD2) x w] / A = t (s)

get her coat out of the wardrobe. give her some hot soup. bloody 'ell. how do you think we managed with no lights, only heat was from the fires caused by luftwaffe bombs, no food coz the barstewards bombed our chippy.

Aye, they tried to bomb me Granny's garage and it would have been a bonny gan on if they had hit it - it was stuffed full of her black market stock of coal & petrol. (did I ever tell you Tel me Granny was a Scouser?)

All through the war she never slept in her Air Raid shelter cos she couldn't get in for the back-up stock of coal she had in there.

Get them pipes polished while yer down there ... I hate to see dull unpolished pipes.

Spark 68 - thx for the idea. TBH - I have to confess, this happened last night. It is / was a real fault caused by Mrs P&S. I was pretty hacked off as you can imagine and I was in two minds to hotwire the boiler cct off RCD protection to get the heating system to dry out the zone valves but thought I would use a battery of hair dryers instead. t took nearly two hours to get the system back on. I have,today, been on hold with npower for what seams an age and thought I would provide a little light relief in the meantime. Actually was quite impressed with the answers, so fast and accurate all remote over the internet. Quite honestly I cannot think of any forum that could do that. Anyway heatings now toasty and npower have refunded me over £200 so lifes good - many thx all

it's pretty obvious that marvo has not done that soldering. and just think how much gas you've saved since the spillage. i hope mrs. p&s realises that it's a divorceable matter. almost as bad as not having your tea ready.

Tel those zone valves look like a total liability to me. Impossible to change with the boiler in situ. Boilers coming out in a couple of weeks anyway, going for a new Bosch condensing all singing and dancing jobby and with a new gas provider who is not trying to fleece me every second I feel good again about putting the heating on. Think 4 new zone valves will be on the shopping list, complete with splash guard !

it's pretty obvious that marvo has not done that soldering. and just think how much gas you've saved since the spillage. i hope mrs. p&s realises that it's a divorceable matter. almost as bad as not having your tea ready.

Agreed ....... Marvo's soldering is very impressive. I think he's missed his true vocation and should have been a plumber.

Some of those compression fittings in that piccie look a bit "iffy" too - like they've been leaking very slightly and sealed themselves with that green verdigris.

Agreed ....... Marvo's soldering is very impressive. I think he's missed his true vocation and should have been a plumber.

Some of those compression fittings in that piccie look a bit "iffy" too - like they've been leaking very slightly and sealed themselves with that green verdigris.
I don't really do wet works, is it bad - tis 25 years old.

no doubt geordie will correct me on this, but with the new system you probably not need all those valves. when the wet-pants rejigs the pipework, make sure he fits everything accessible, ( but out of reach of your missus.)

Fair point, I have a window from 5th April when Mrs P&S goes for a couple of weeks. Have scheduled that time for boiler change. I was going to do the controls side of things and leave my excellent plumbing friend to do pipe stuff. Will hold off getting valves until he has seen it. Will post a pic when its done

well if i can do it ( albeit after a swift kick up the arse from geordiespark) any one except a plumber or kitchen fitter should be able to coipe.

no doubt geordie will correct me on this, but with the new system you probably not need all those valves. when the wet-pants rejigs the pipework, make sure he fits everything accessible, ( but out of reach of your missus.)

If he has different heating zones in the house i.e. Upstairs, Downstairs, Conservatory, My ladies chamber etc. then each zone will be needing it's own zone valve, so he probably will be needing them - regardless of the type of boiler, but I think if he's getting a new boiler it could be worth renewing these valves at the same time - they are not "that" expensive if you shop around and not hard to fit either.

you already have it, having a scouse mum, you're half human already.

RCBO has tripped on downstairs sockets. Have un-plugged everything but it wont go back up, need urgent help as its cold and the boilers not working, many thx
Utter Trash

Attachments

• mmmm.jpg
    2.6 KB · Views: 48

Reply to RCBO has tripped - help in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net