Discuss RCBO has tripped - help in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

you already have it, having a scouse mum, you're half human already.

It was me Granny who was the Scouser. Mum was a mongrel - half Scouser and half Pit Yacker

(Pit-Yacker. A term that was applied to the people of the mining villages of Northumberland and Durham. The origin of yacker is obscure, with suggestions that it refers to a manual worker as someone who has to hack or thrash (yark). More tentative is the possibility that it is associated with yack meaning 'talk' or 'chatter', and therefore describes the jargon of the miners and by extension the dialect of their communities, which was also called pitmatic.)

Tests ? - I asked Mrs P&S what she had done and checked what was plugged in. I then tested my own knowledge of my house and found a switch for the heating. Switched it off and breaker reset. What more could be done ?

Tests ? - I asked Mrs P&S what she had done and checked what was plugged in. I then tested my own knowledge of my house and found a switch for the heating. Switched it off and breaker reset. What more could be done ?
I just thought it was a rather odd post with somebody with so many posts to their name!! As for tests - well the obvious ones really

I found a N-E fault on a heating circuit today, installed by BG, on a contract for cover, whoever wired up the wiring centre needs shooting, cpcs snipped off, red line conductors used as cpcs, and one of the two blue wires from the 3 way valve motor shoved in with the cpcs. Muppets.

and I don't even do central heating wiring. Obviously because it worked (was on an MCB only) then it was fine.

Reply to RCBO has tripped - help in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I have a ring cct (2.5mm ) in my cabin which is protected by a 20amp RCBO. This has been in existence for over 3 years with no issues. I recently...
Replies
Views
Hi, I swapped a 2 gang switched socket for a 2 gang switchless socket with usb ports downstairs. I switched off all the power to the house by...
Replies
Views
I have an issue with a home lighting circuit 6A RCBO provides power to 13 bulbs which randomly keeps tripping, when I say randomly it keeps...
Replies
Views
I'm writing this mainly hoping something occurs to me while writing it! I got called to an occasionally tripping RCD. It's a Hager double height...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Wondering if you could offer some advice please. I carried out a small outdoor lighting project today at a commercial property. 4 lights...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock