Discuss Ring main become 2 radials in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I said "we" because he needed me to che k the sockets while he disconnected at the board. Anyway.. i have no reason to pretend here..

Okay thlhat makes more sense so it not socketd 1to10 and then 11 . It's 1 to 10 then 13 with 2socketd missing. Again get him back people make mistake and the fact it been noticed means it can be fixed . He may be new , but part of learning is fixing his mistakes . Again he may point to whoever should have pulled the cables though and blame them but he was the one who never tested it

I will be getting him back.

Yes.. so if the first electician hadnt cut the loops then 12 and 13 wouldnt matter and id leave it as i dont want more holea in my new walls. The issue is that now if i turn the ring on i will have live wores in the walls somewhere.

So im going to tell him that ther is no need to find the missig 2...instead, socket 11 should have one live coming in from the board, and a dead cable comim in from 12 or 13.... so if he dicomments the dead one coming in from 12 or 13... then that solves half the problem.. the other half of the problem is in one of the other 10 working sockets the is a live wire leaving it that ends in not in a socket but in the wall somewhere..

Maybe i should correct my numbering

1 to 10 works

13 works

11 and 12 are behind a wall somewhere with the 2.5mm cut

A solution is to make to radials

1 to 10 on one and 13 on the other.. the issue is 10 has a live feed going out of it (that should go to socket 11 but instead goes is behind plasterboard somewherel) and socket 13 has a live going out of it that should go to 12 but again goes behind a wall somewhere

Maybe i should correct my numbering

1 to 10 works

13 works

11 and 12 are behind a wall somewhere with the 2.5mm cut

A solution is to make to radials

1 to 10 on one and 13 on the other.. the issue is 10 has a live feed going out of it (that should go to socket 11 but instead goes is behind plasterboard somewherel) and socket 13 has a live going out of it that should go to 12 but again goes behind a wall somewhere
I see the fishing rods out ,but his fish don't bite .

You have the right idea testing the circuit but the way your going about it isn't correct and I'm not sure you have the right gear. Might be best to get a different electrician in to have a look

Your spark no 2 did not figure of 8 test it (or test it at all) . It's his problem to sort . You can get him to change it two radial if you want . But a radial with one socket is not ideal and mcbs need changing most likely

what was their names ,tom. dick now where's harry .
try trade and standards if you have no joy, I'm o
Your spark no 2 did not figure of 8 test it (or test it at all) . It's his problem to sort . You can get him to change it two radial if you want . But a radial with one socket is not ideal and mcbs need changing most likely

Like i said sparks to charges by the hour. So even though its his problem to solve, ill end up payig for it. And its also my fault as i should have known where all the sockets were..

I could get hom to kill socket 13 alltogether, and then its just a matter of getting him to go round socketa 1 to 10 to see which cable out is going into thin air. If he diconnects that one then at least i wont have a live hidden behind a plaster board somewhere

This is my last comment . You have paid for a safe install , he has not done it. If it was my mistake I would be glad just to be allowed to fix it and not a lecture of how I could have killed some one or burnt the house down . Again if it was me I would be saying sorry and dropping a few quid for your time not asking to be paid for mine . I don't know if you have done this or not and I cant tell you what or how to do it but the MCB needs looking at (most likely a 32a and for a radial in 2.5 will not be suitable)

Reply to Ring main become 2 radials in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net