Discuss **Show Us Your Installs!!!** in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

http://www.electriciansforums.net/e...-tell-us-about-your-faults-47.html#post566685

So how do we deal with what in the link above ?
DSCF0471.jpgDSCF0470.jpg
Staff toilet replacement to 2D28W HF with Clix ceiling rose, and exactly the same track for GU10's installed above main entrance door to corridor. Lamps are Kosmic 6000 Kalvins LED's 5W each.

Whole staff and warehouse block 3 phase board with timer controls for staff showers. Missing descriptions of the circuits on the board itself only because I haven't got nice gel pen. Gonna do it on Monday. Nightmare to achieve IP4X for the top of the board.

DSCF0477-2.jpgDSCF0472-2.jpgDSCF0474.jpg

Showers themself lights are IPX4 (GU10 fittings with Kosmic GU10LED's 6500 Kalvins) bigger in middle & IP67 (Emco) small LED's with emergency inverters - smaller spots on sides.
DSCF0478-2.jpgDSCF0479-2.jpgDSCF0480.jpgDSCF0481.jpg

& Last for today's show is small project in warehouse. Lights and sockets on working benches, with light behind industrial massive shelves. D.B. was not installed by myself so any not straight SWA is not my art of work.
DSCF0483-2.jpgDSCF0484--2.jpgDSCF0485.jpgDSCF0486-2.jpgDSCF0487-2.jpg

enjoy

Last edited by a moderator:
The boss' last CU in an eco house we just completed.

DSC00692.jpg

And something that came to visit (Wood Wasp). Bugger was huge!

DSC00699.jpg

Last edited:
a little control system i threw together for a local farmer's corn dryer. activates 2 elevator motors simultaneously with the unload motor. unfortunately, 1 of the motors is faulty. drawing excessive current. all IR tests OK. must be shorted turns on 1 or more windings. it stinks a bit. new motor coming tomorrow.

cornhillfarm.jpg

That’s about my luck Tel, fix one thing and then the next in the chain goes belly up!!
Nice and tidy panel though.

it threw me at first. i had selected a 16A type C MCB as correct for the combined load of the 2 motors, only to see it trip on start-up. i then swapped it out for a 20A type C, and that's when i found the 2kW motor was drawing excess current. strangely enough, the overload was set to 4.5A and didn't trip, even though the outgoing 1.5mm cables were getting warm within a few seconds.

The boss' last CU in an eco house we just completed.

DSC00692.jpg

Not having a pop, just a general observation based purely on my own views on CU/DB cable terminations... The overall CU cable dressing arrangement looks pretty much fine to me...

Is it normal not to use crimped terminations for multi stranded cables such as those flying leads supplied on RCBO's etc?? Don't really like to see bare conductors on bars or entering device terminations either....

Is it normal not to use crimped terminations for multi stranded cables such as those flying leads supplied on RCBO's etc?? Don't really like to see bare conductors on bars or entering device terminations either....

Yes, it's typical. Usually the fine stranded cables to the RCDs and RCBOs are factory-welded at the ends (not soldered) to provide a solid lump for the end of the screw to clamp down onto.

Yes, it's typical. Usually the fine stranded cables to the RCDs and RCBOs are factory-welded at the ends (not soldered) to provide a solid lump for the end of the screw to clamp down onto.

That's it. The fly leads came out of the box like this (copper showing), the gaffer sorts them on his final once over and tidies up anything like that (tightening screws, etc). This was just a quick pic inbetween times (before he was finished) as the cupboard was tiny and I didn't want to get in his way!

Reply to **Show Us Your Installs!!!** in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net