Search the forum,

Discuss **Show Us Your Installs!!!** in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Heres the board I did today, not done many RCBO boards before.
IMG_0335.jpg

And the inside of my van
IMG_0336.jpgIMG_0337.jpg

Why aren't all installs that tidy, bet it cost a few bob...

Where was that done exactly? Looks good and not cheap...

It was The Old Hall, just outside Ely, Cambridgeshire. It was nice work, and a stunning backdrop to work in.

The installation took around 25 working days total, including 2 x 150m runs of SWA, luckily into existing ducting! Plus 200m SWA for all the uplighting etc., around 30 IP rated boxes, and about 100 SWA glands.

You can also see in one of the pics, the Oak pavilion, which was built to mirror the Ely Cathedral Octagon, we put 2 x 2.0kW infra red heaters in there, along with 4 x Hunza Lawn Lights sunk into the grass to uplight the structure.

Plus, the professional photography helps it to look better ;)

I'm 15 but I have already done an Install of 240v lights and sockets on a specialized golf buggy.

P100712_17.35.jpgP110712_13.47.jpgP100712_17.35_[03].jpgP110712_16.56.jpgP110712_15.31.jpgP100712_17.36_[01].jpg

The lights are just standard bayonet cap with 15w appliance bulbs.

I'm intrigued, why 240V on a golf buggy? I can see the possible uses for sockets but why the lights? Surely it would have been easier and safer to run the lights on 12 or 24 volts?

Love the buggy idea though, looks like a right giggle. :)

I'm intrigued, why 240V on a golf buggy? I can see the possible uses for sockets but why the lights? Surely it would have been easier and safer to run the lights on 12 or 24 volts?

the man who wants the golf buggy wants 240 as he will be using a mains hookup (for running appliances) as well as an inverter, so as not to drain on the batteries, they are only for decoration. I originally decided on 240 because he wanted flicker bulbs to imitate an oil lamp, and figured that neon flicker bulbs would be easier to find than having to make circuitry to get a 12v bulb to flicker.

it is relatively safe as the 240v is earthed to the chassis and the lamps are earthed
if any problems occur the rcd will shut it off.
I have yet to install the 16a appliance inlet and breakers.
garage_unit_large.jpg044_1008_MK00_K9701BLU_large._1.21.p2_.jpg
these have yet to be installed for the mains hookup.

from 12/24 to 240v im sure it will pull a few wheelies so much fun lol:hair:

if he has any problems with 240v, I can always remove the plug and wire it in to the 12v supply and use 12 bayonet cap bulbs which you can buy for inspection lights. if they don't fit I may have to use 12v halogen fittings instead.

http://www.electriciansforums.net/e...-tell-us-about-your-faults-47.html#post566685

So how do we deal with what in the link above ?
DSCF0471.jpgDSCF0470.jpg
Staff toilet replacement to 2D28W HF with Clix ceiling rose, and exactly the same track for GU10's installed above main entrance door to corridor. Lamps are Kosmic 6000 Kalvins LED's 5W each.

Whole staff and warehouse block 3 phase board with timer controls for staff showers. Missing descriptions of the circuits on the board itself only because I haven't got nice gel pen. Gonna do it on Monday. Nightmare to achieve IP4X for the top of the board.

DSCF0477-2.jpgDSCF0472-2.jpgDSCF0474.jpg

Showers themself lights are IPX4 (GU10 fittings with Kosmic GU10LED's 6500 Kalvins) bigger in middle & IP67 (Emco) small LED's with emergency inverters - smaller spots on sides.
DSCF0478-2.jpgDSCF0479-2.jpgDSCF0480.jpgDSCF0481.jpg

& Last for today's show is small project in warehouse. Lights and sockets on working benches, with light behind industrial massive shelves. D.B. was not installed by myself so any not straight SWA is not my art of work.
DSCF0483-2.jpgDSCF0484--2.jpgDSCF0485.jpgDSCF0486-2.jpgDSCF0487-2.jpg

enjoy

Last edited by a moderator:
The boss' last CU in an eco house we just completed.

DSC00692.jpg

And something that came to visit (Wood Wasp). Bugger was huge!

DSC00699.jpg

Last edited:

Reply to **Show Us Your Installs!!!** in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net