Discuss **Show Us Your Installs!!!** in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Big round of applause for the person responsible for 'loosing' this thread!!! Clap-CLAP!!

I have an album on here. I can post more photos if anyone wants to see more of what I turn out:

part270579's Album: Electrical

I would like to see the standard of installs raised across the board.

Well, here you go. Both of these bits of tray are one piece excluding the flange in No.2:

Now that's what I call some serious artistry.

Hey Banjo, your tray isn't to bad:20:

Do you want some advice? Gonna give it to you anyway lol.

Firstly, try and flange all of your joints. E.g. If you have two pieces of tray that are meeting at right angles, like a 'T' for instance, flange both sides. It's easier on the cables that way, and a well gusseted joint looks 100% more professional IMO.

Secondly, I think you need to be making the radius of your bends much bigger than they are. Same again, easier on the cable and the eye. One cut bends don't really cut it in my book. Remember, this isn't trunking and you want to remove as little metalwork as possible to keep the trays inherent strength.

You look like you have the makings of a good tray guy.

Keep it up.

Hi mate,

when making my own bend, i always put a gusset in, this particular job we were a bit strapped for time and my boss was breathing down our neck lol. I love bit of metal work i'm only 20 years old but can smash most the spraks on my firm at metalwork :). I like a lot of your work look very impressive mate top notch!!

work.JPG
I was called out to look at an swa that had been chopped through, only to find out that it was a 16mm twin and earth fed from a henley block with no lid. There had already been an electrician round previously that couldnt do the job at the time so left with out doing anything to this. This cupboard was in the kitchen and easily accessable to all residents of the house including children. What goes through electricians minds when they see something like this. Am i right in saying that im within my right to pull the main fuse on this property due to an unsafe installation. It was lucky that I had a single pole henley block in the van.

148.jpg147.jpg150.jpg151.jpg152.jpg01122011209.jpg24062011003.jpg24062011004.jpg24062011005.jpg26092011159.jpg26092011158.jpg26092011160.jpg

Ok
The first 5 pictures are a rewire we did, how nice was the person moving all of his crap out of the way.
Next is a shower board I put in.
Next 3 are a new board to protect some sockets and lighting, did tell them to have the whole thing changed but nah.
Next is a shower and a new cu.

Cheers
Ashley

This job was done using pre-manufactured bends. They are not to bad on heavier duty tray, but rubbish on light or medium duty. This was heavy duty tray. The pumps are 100kw.IMG_1302.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1303.jpg
    246.7 KB · Views: 1,525
it was 2 ring final circuits each fed 2 twin sockets so the spec said to join them together to form 1 ring. I gave him thru crimps and a ratchet crimper but he new best!!!
Photo-0036.jpg

Big round of applause for the person responsible for 'loosing' this thread!!! Clap-CLAP!!

I have an album on here. I can post more photos if anyone wants to see more of what I turn out:

part270579's Album: Electrical

Is it wrong to be turned on by this???:sorcerer:

I would like to see the standard of installs raised across the board.

Well, here you go. Both of these bits of tray are one piece excluding the flange in No.2:

Is it wrong that the sight of this excites me in ways that it shouldn't? Pure magic that! :sorcerer:

4 years - 1 for each core!!

Do you think that in another 4, he may start to get the hang of it ? Used to have an apprentice, after 3 months he thought he knew enough to tell me how the job should be done. Think you can all guess my answer.
Never seen anyone get so many belts from a Megger before:tounge_smile:

Reply to **Show Us Your Installs!!!** in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net