Search the forum,

Discuss Things an Electrician would never say in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

seeing as they expected me to do it whilst they were still living there, and the loft was that full of crap i could only get my head up for a look, i thought it was quite reasonable.

that's the trouble people want cheap.
i priced a job the other day for outside lights and gave them a range of prices. recommended a good quality light that would have lasted 10 or 20 years, but no they wanted the cheap ones that will probably be knackered after 5.

You are right, your bonding doesn't need doing. Glad you have a mate down the pub who does a few jobs on the side to put me right. Tell you what seeing as he has pointed me in the right direction I will match his price now.

I won’t be on site for the next two weeks for medical reasons. When I return, please refer to me as 'Lucille' instead of Steve. :winkiss:

Your little Billy's new green and yellow skipping rope seems to have created a new trend in town all the kids are now getting them. How clever of you to think of cutting off the main bonding conductor that was clashing with your new decorating scheme Sir.

Thank you for your quote request. Your credit card has been charged £5.99 for the first 10 words and £1.99 for each additional word in our reply.
Yours sincerely,
We have the shirts off your back electrical services

I just need to temporarily increase the resistance in this 240V circuit.

If you could take hold of the brown wire with your left hand and the blue wire with your right,

I'll temporarily turn this circuit on.

You might experience a brief sensation.

Dont worry it wont affect your pacemaker, everything will be fine.

no no i know i quoted your job 18 months, i can get the 4 guys there for 8am tomorrow to start your rewire, don't worry we will move all the furniture and i think i can knock around 30 per cent off the quote, no the grandkids and your two little yappy dogs shouldnt get in the way

Due to the condition of your wiring I have had to remove your RCD, Dont worry though they were only manufactured so that they could create a new edition of the wiring regulations. If you are still receiving shocks from that light fitting can you call me once your cheque has cleared.

Yours Sincerely
Fuse it and run Electrical Services

Me to customer "Me? Monday morning blues? Nah! Never! Of course I'm glad the plumber maintained the integrity of your joists by using my holes for the radiators flexi pipes and in the process wedged the cables so tightly in the holes any heat transferred to the cables will not give them the chance to sag onto your ceiling boards."

of course you can buy your own CU from b&q for £55 and i'll fit it for the same price as they quote, £499+VAT, less the £55. get in there.

Just had a builder on the phone, asking me why a light his dad has wired won't switch off, kept me on the phone ages while I explained over & over again how futile it was & how he needs a....SPARKY to look at it. Then 10 mins later talking through another job he said "its not rocket science ay' it" so I said

You'll be alright with that light you cant fix then

CUSTOMER: I've just rewired my house. I need you to do me a certificate.

SPARKS: Have you any type of qualification to carry out this work?

CUSTOMER: No.

SPARKS: Have you informed Building Control?

Do you actually even have a copy of BS7671?

SPARKS: Have you any experience of this type of work?

CUSTOMER: Well, I used to be an odd job man in Venezuela, so I know a bit about about wires and stuff.

SPARKS: Why didn't you say so before? Can't see any problem with that, I'll be round in 10 minutes with a certificate. Fifty quid cash sound o.k.?

So........, just to recap, you managed to clear the fault by cutting the "green and yellow bits" out of your entire lighting circuit? Have I got that right, Sir? What an inspired genius you are!

of course I trust tradesmen with Ryobi/Black and Decker/Green Bosch tools, come and work for me.

We had a gay customer who insisted that because he was spending pink pounds all tradesmen had use the Makita pink range of power tools, the contract was substantial so the guvnor bought complete new kits for everybody and charged them to the client.

Reply to Things an Electrician would never say in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net