Discuss Trunking in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Thanks for the replies. Entering from the bottom of the box makes sense to me. I can't find a single property where the cable is on the outside.

It could go inside but it would be entering the grd flr flat and would have to go through a newly sound proofed ceiling.

If it was to stay on the outside, is the general consensus galv steel trunking?

Thanks

View attachment 35836

I might be inclined to extend that trunking the DNO have installed and use that along with the hole in the bottom of the box if you've got enough slack. At least then it will look consistent.

Just out of interest, how far away is the consumer unit once the tails go through the wall? And how are they installed inside?

I might be inclined to extend that trunking the DNO have installed and use that along with the hole in the bottom of the box if you've got enough slack. At least then it will look consistent.

Yes, that makes sense.

The consumer unit will be just the other side of the wall. The tails come in under the floor below where it will be placed.

Just a question of how far from the deck it needs to be placed.

No drip/ weather loop. Oh well to make the best of it,I would use galvo type pole capping and plenty of white mastic around the entry into the meter box.

Reply to Trunking in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi folks, I have recently had a 5kW Solis inverter and 15kW/hr of batteries installed. Everything is working fine, but I have some concerns about...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Customer has an extension and this compromises existing meter position, DNO is extending incomer and putting meter box on a different...
Replies
Views
Morning all, Really hoping to get some advice / confirm what a few of us are thinking about a job in the future. Back ground - We have to swap...
Replies
Views
I recently got my flat rewired. It had old storage heaters and we plan on putting modern storage heaters in. The way the electrician did the...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, Sorry if this is a silly question. I am supporting my mum with some small home renovations, in preparation for a care home. I am...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock