Discuss Under Floor Heating thermostat - Inside or Outside the Bathroom? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

This is one of those questions where everyone has a different opinion.

I'd have the whole lot outside the bathroom and a remote sensor.

Murdoch does know his stuff but he will beat you over the head with his superior knowledge while getting his point across.

If you can get past his rudeness he is very knowledgeable and quite helpful.

Murdoch does know his stuff but he will beat you over the head with his superior knowledge while getting his point across.

If you can get past his rudeness he is very knowledgeable and quite helpful.

I give as good as I get, when I ask relevant questions to OP's, such as on this thread, and they ignore the comments/questions then the gloves come right off.

My late mother would testify that I don't suffer fools gladly - and she knew me!

I'm sure he is well knowledgeable but a good forum person is not someone who simply knows everything but one who is capable but more importantly willing to communicate their knowledge to everyone equally. Not matter how experience or inexperienced that person is.

So back to me initial question. I have taken everyone's excellent response and have decided to opt with keeping the thermostat and fused spur outside of the bathroom. The reason being ;

1. It was clearly not black and white with either of my electriacians so I dont want to run the risk of having to re-tile once building inspectors come around to sign it off. And although it would be a problem for the electrician to sort out if will still also mean I need to take more time off work and also have the tiles replaced.

2. It will increase the longevity of the thermostat due to moisture ingress.

Thanks for everyone's response. A Very helpful forum indeed!

I'm sure he is well knowledgeable but a good forum person is not someone who simply knows everything but one who is capable but more importantly willing to communicate their knowledge to everyone equally. Not matter how experience or inexperienced that person is.

So back to me initial question. I have taken everyone's excellent response and have decided to opt with keeping the thermostat and fused spur outside of the bathroom. The reason being ;

1. It was clearly not black and white with either of my electricians so I dont want to run the risk of having to re-tile once building inspectors come around to sign it off. And although it would be a problem for the electrician to sort out if will still also mean I need to take more time off work and also have the tiles replaced.

2. It will increase the longevity of the thermostat due to moisture ingress.

Thanks for everyone's response. A Very helpful forum indeed!

But it would be if they bothered to properly understand the regs, the zones and knew the ratings of the equipment they were installing.

I note you still don't acknowledge the zones you used were wrong.

But it would be if they bothered to properly understand the regs, the zones and knew the ratings of the equipment they were installing.

I note you still don't acknowledge the zones you used were wrong.

It's not my job to, it is the electricians to know this. Like I have said previously I had two electrcian give two solutions to the same issue. Hence why I came on here

It's not my job to, it is the electricians to know this. Like I have said previously I had two electrcian give two solutions to the same issue. Hence why I came on here

and you STILL won't acknowledge your drawing showed the measurement from the wrong zone...

anyway I did say "if they" meaning the sparks, not you...

Reply to Under Floor Heating thermostat - Inside or Outside the Bathroom? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net