• Please don't put your personal contact details in this area of the forum. These are public threads and everybody will see them. Including spammers. Even dodgy companies who cold call you. Instead of doing that, click on a persons username and click 'Start Conversation' and share those details between yourselves. :)

Discuss Wanted, Bike. in the For Sale and Wanted Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

SirKit Breaker

I am after a half decent mountain type bike without suspension (dont mind if it has it at the front). Will pay cash, no daft prices i am not Bradley Wiggins, or will swap for my Robin Pat Tester. I am in Leeds, but have no objection to a bit of a run out to collect within reason.

PM me with details and prices. i dont want crap, and i dont want to pay the earth either, i can get a new one for £80 to £100, so £100 is the most i want to pay, and i dont want "Needs slight attention" that usually means it s88t.

Cheers............Howard

Don't by a cheap Halfords bike if you intend to go off tarmac. My mate destroyed one in a month.
As the above post says get on Pinkbike or eBay. Spend a bit more and look for something like a Specialized Rockhopper or Hardrock.
If you do want to buy new from Halfords you may get a good deal on a Carrera but don't try and go cheaper than that.

Most front suspension bikes that are even remotely half decent can be hardened, or softened dependent on the surface being rode on. I wouldnt get a hard forked bike because you never know where you may end up, don't want to get cut short having to take a detour on your non sus bike and end up hacking it down hill hitting every bump, root and rock god can throw at you, your dental bill will soon outweigh the cost of forking out (excuse the pun) for a better whip.

£100 will but you the best part of a bmx. If your going to be on it regularly, i would spend a little more.

I cycled too Paris last August,
Did a lot of research on bikes for the trip.

you wont get a decent bike for under £450.

Buy cheap and buy twice
plus if you buy a **** bike your making hard work for yourself.

I settled for the Cube Hyde, Brilliant bike and its hard to beat the Germans at engineering

xube.jpg

Have a look on the pink bike web site

It's the biggest bike forum and the sales section is a gold mine as alot of the sellers are young and need cash. Can be some messers though

I would second the cube great bikes had a Cube Attempt to start with now got a Van Nicholas which is amazing. You will not regret buying a bike. I took up cycling last March and weighed 16 half stone now weigh 12 half stone. And in training for my first ironman.
It has changed mine and my families life.

<<<<<<< £20.00 and it's yours.

Don't go to halfords, go to an independant bike shop, Halfords artificially inflate the price of their bikes to more than double what they should be then sell them for half price to con you into thinking you are getting a good deal. A £100 bike will more than likely start to break after 100 miles or so (I had one and in less than a year almost every part needed replacing except the frame) and you don't want your cheap brake levers suddenly snapping when you are going fast down a hill. Pay a bit more and you can get a decent quality second hand bike on the net from a quality manufacturer.

Reply to Wanted, Bike. in the For Sale and Wanted Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net