Discuss What are you doing/done today in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Brilliant screwdriver, if a bit dangerous in the wrong hands.

You had an 18 inched ? Do stop boasting :p:D
Had one of those drivers in my grand dad's old tool box. Along with many keys. Still baffles me about what they were for. Master keys maybe hmmm
Or for some treasure box.
Either becoming a cat burglar or a pirate. Let you know when I figure it out :D

If you owned a Yankee,you were at the forefront of innovation ;)

The release could definitely be a eye popper and they probably wouldn't be allowed for the mamby pamby culture now :)

Mind you,I once screwed a rose up and pumped the posy screw straight through one of my digits,ouch :eek:

If you owned a Yankee,you were at the forefront of innovation ;)

The release could definitely be a eye popper and they probably wouldn't be allowed for the mamby pamby culture now :)

Mind you,I once screwed a rose up and pumped the posy screw straight through one of my digits,ouch :eek:

Yeah been there & done that:( I'd swear my hand started burning when I read that:confused: still got the last pump ratchet I bought in my toolbox. First one I had is still here too but the handle split:(

Still use a Yankee screwdriver sometimes. Good for shelf brackets when you need that extra reach.

Drove past this sign earlier. Made me chuckle

IMG_20170518_165550530_HDR.jpg

anyway. back on topic. what am i doing today? same as the last 2 weeks with no work on. just sitting here waiting for the dementia to kick in. fending it off for now with some Blackthorn reserve cider and later Theakston's Old peculier.
You could of come down to London mate and had a week on massive rewire/refurb I'm doing atm. To give you some scale there is 545 points.

I had a 2 hour job planned this morning to install a flowswitch in some 3 inch pipework on a water pump. I just needed to install 1x tee piece fitting to accomodate it. It turned into a full day, about 30 fittings an entire pot of paste and a full bag of hemp because the existing pipework discintegrated as soon as we got the wrenches on it :(

First fixing a new build house today, a nice change as I normally avoid these. :D The builder couldn't believe I'd clipped all the cabling on joists and in the loftspace all nice and tidy. apparently very few bother nowadays according to him ! Crazy though I can remember first fixing an average sized semi in a day many years ago when doing sites but couldn't do it in 2 now.:rolleyes: And Westward 10 - I think the issue on your board is maybe earth cable used as L/N on the incomer but disguised with loads of brown and blue tape ?

I had a 2 hour job planned this morning to install a flowswitch in some 3 inch pipework on a water pump. I just needed to install 1x tee piece fitting to accomodate it. It turned into a full day, about 30 fittings an entire pot of paste and a full bag of hemp because the existing pipework discintegrated as soon as we got the wrenches on it :(
That's not what we call it over here but whatever gets you through the day Marvo!

Yawn, yeah I know you told us all before, lunchtime went for a swim in a mountain lake, then eat beef biltong for lunch, quaffed down with lashings of Pinotage Reserve. Before Barbie on the beach in the evening. I don't know how you manage it :)

Reply to What are you doing/done today in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net