Discuss When did pre 2006 white t&e come into play in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

N

nc12345

Hi Guys

A client has just asked me how old their installation is , it's white twin and earth and looks in good nick.
I was just curious when did white t&e start to get used ? Not the low smoke stuff the stuff the grey has replaced .Sorry it's a silly question but I couldn't answer them and I'm curious myself.
Cheers in advance

Before that even.

Quite a few years ago I rewired my parents' house which had previously been wired in 1963. The concealed cabling was the standard grey PVC sheath but where there were surface runs - switch drops and some sockets in the kitchen - these were in white imperial T+E - 3/.029 and 7/.029. Well, not strictly correct - the 7/.029 was T+E, the 3/.029 had no CPC, as in the rest of the house.

I was using it in the 70s , that was from a wholesaler , as a rule white T&E was used down south and it was grey up north mainly,the stuff I used was pirelli in red boxes...

Reply to When did pre 2006 white t&e come into play in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Beware a little long. I served an electrical apprenticeship a long time ago, then went back to full time education immediately moving away from...
Replies
Views
Evening all. I've been working on an early 70's house the last 2 days - 1st fix for a lighting alteration, plus minor remedial work on the ring...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I've just been perusing the AM2/E/S threads on here. Thought you might like a bit of a review. If, like I did, you find yourself...
Replies
Views
Currently quoting for a job that needs to be done next week and working out how best to proceed, so thoughts welcome. Current situation: -->PME...
Replies
Views
Hello, Whilst doing some building works I have access to the inside of the stud wall to which the consumer unit is fitted, so full and easy...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock