Discuss Where is he in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

TBH, I think sometimes the forum can descend into "an idiots guide to" xxxxx (cooker cable size, power to garage, etc etc) and it probably ****s off the likes of DS. It can appear to lean towards helping folk that probably shouldn't be attempting certain things, just saying. There are always guys who don't tolerate fools very easily, and the world would be a worse place for them, IMO.

No one is denying DSs knowledge but at times it was like he was scolding a small child, if he couldn't tolerate people trying to seek advise with something they maybe couldn't understand, not fools then maybe he should have not commented. Maybe that is what he is doing, Amen.

I see the more softer side of Davesparks, he's a ----- cat really (no offence Dave).

That's how I started to view his posts in the latter days (bloody hell, talking as if it's the end of him!).

He maybe could come across as a bit condescending and I can see why that would put a lot of people off, but I think his contributions far outweighed his attitude. There's still a host of folks on here and some with more knowledge than DS, but I for one have learned a lot from his replies to some of my daft questions.

That's how I started to view his posts in the latter days (bloody hell, talking as if it's the end of him!).

He maybe could come across as a bit condescending and I can see why that would put a lot of people off, but I think his contributions far outweighed his attitude. There's still a host of folks on here and some with more knowledge than DS, but I for one have learned a lot from his replies to some of my daft questions.
I like that title, "Latter day sparks". Did he not lurk about in other forums, sorry to mention them of course.

DS I thought we were talking about D Skelton all the way through - they are not one and the same are they? It was hard to get past the SS officer when looking at D Skeltons posts.
Anyway COME BACK DAVE SPARKS, WE MISS YOU AND YOUR WAYS!

DS I thought we were talking about D Skelton all the way through - they are not one and the same are they? It was hard to get past the SS officer when looking at D Skeltons posts.
Anyway COME BACK DAVE SPARKS, WE MISS YOU AND YOUR WAYS!
No, this is the guy with the Landrover for an avatar.

Last edited by a moderator:
It was DPGs fault in an earlier post. #21 onwards I lost it. I'll get back in my basket!

No, this is the guy with the Landrover for an avatar.
D skelton avitar is of Rommel he may have been a ---- but if you read up on him he was a respected man from both sides eventually give his life for what he believed in by standing up to Hitler. Have a read up on him he was actually a special type of guy.

As for Dave sparks maybe, sometimes he lacked patience but he deffo never lacked knowlege which he often shared, A plus point for any forum.
If someone annoys you just put on ignore problem solved. I tried it with "someone" it is excelent unless there posts are quoted.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not that anyone cares but I'm still alive, not posted sinse July.

Main reason is the change to the new website etc and inability to upload photos from my phone as it says too big etc.

I just geve up and seemed to hdbe my life back and wasnt so stressed not going on it as the way most conversations went it would wind me up with the big headedness and attitude certain people have.

Both very experience and appreciated with their input - sometimes you just catch people 'off'.
Sparksburnout - you certainly have your 'off' moments it has been noticed but if you keep giving your experience and knowledge then we can overlook it!
Having a bit of fun by the way - 'there's nowt queer as folk'. We need to just get along!

Reply to Where is he in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net