Discuss Where is he in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Guys I started this thread for one reason and that was to see why a member had stopped posting in the hope one of you may no the reason, I didn't want to start a which hunt or character assassination. For me, both are good and knowledgeable members that have invested a lot of their time over the years for free.
Rpa also raises a good point . Sparksburnout, I'm not sure who took the jam out of your doughnut but over the last 24 hours you have posted some pretty sharp comments up when replying in several threads but have managed to come out of it unscathed with no infractions or warnings.All I am saying is that a lot of members can be rude and condescending without even realising it. So please let the insults stop or the thread will be closed.

Guys I started this thread for one reason and that was to see why a member had stopped posting in the hope one of you may no the reason, I didn't want to start a which hunt or character assassination. For me, both are good and knowledgeable members that have invested a lot of their time over the years for free.
Rpa also raises a good point . Sparksburnout, I'm not sure who took the jam out of your doughnut but over the last 24 hours you have posted some pretty sharp comments up when replying in several threads but have managed to come out of it unscathed with no infractions or warnings.All I am saying is that a lot of members can be rude and condescending without even realising it. So please let the insults stop or the thread will be closed.
No, my doughnut is bursting with conserve, thanks! However, I do admit I might have made a few caustic comments, for which I apologise if they have caused offence (with the exception of the Rommel one, I'm sorry but at this time in particular it just irritates me greatly, even though I admit I brought it up). So, I shall be a good boy now. You have to admit though, that I have also had quite a few likes, and that it is obviously not just me who thinks that the forum maybe is descending into a bit of an idiots guide to what are not even complex subjects, most of the time? I am sure a lot of us have put a lot of hard work into gaining qualifications and experience, and I find it quite annoying that people obviously use the forum to enable them to carry out simple works for which they are no doubt charging good money. Maybe the guy in question also thinks the same, hence his absence? Maybe some of the really obvious DIY ones should not be entertained, such as the recent two-way lighting fiasco with it's even dangerous advice given by one member, although DW did pull it pretty sharply. At the end of the day it is just encouraging people to "play around" with something that could easily kill either them or others. You wouldn't advise a DIY'er how to cap off gas pipes would you? Anyway I hope for one the Davesparks does come back!

Sparks , thanks for the reply, My only gripe was/is how some members get spoken to, I know sometimes text can come accross in a manner in which it isn't always meant, however some of your comments and others can appear downright rude.
I appreciate that as someone who as earned their qualifications is going to get upset with some of the questions that get asked on the forum, but all I can say is if you feel your temper rising then simply move onto another thread that you can have some positive input in.
Re the dangerous advice you are absoloutely right and it should never have been handed out and I also saw that Darkwood dealt with it swiftly, I am the first to tell members not to hand out advice that could put someone in danger but on the same hand I don't like to see any member being spoken to in a nasty or aggressive manner, it's just not right mate, Manners cost nothing as I'm sure you know.
I will be speaking to other staff about sorting the Diy stuff out, because what used to get diy approval is now coming straight into the main forum without approval, but thats for us and Dan to sort out.

Thanks for stepping up and apologising for what was said and all I ask is you and others speak to people the way you would expect to be spoken to , nothing more nothing less.
And finally To all members if you see dangerous advice being sought or indeed handed out then please hit the report button so it can be dealt with in the correct manner.

The Hairy Guy xx

Yes, I have wondered where he has disappeared to also. Very knowledgeable and helpful. It's a pity certain members who haven't even been here for that long feel the need to be rude about someone. I'll never quite understand it.
Hope you're ok DaveSparks.

Uk You were next on my awol list I promise, Have you finished building your igloo in Garden or whatever it was. :cool:

"---- worshipper"

That's a new one on me!

If you truly believe that of me, you need to give your head a good wobble! Preferably a good hard clunk against a brick wall!

I make no apology whatsoever for my admiration of someone who is arguably the best military tactician ever to have lived and who had an almost unparalleled ability to use tanks effectively in battle.

Anyone who knows me knows exactly why Rommel is my Avatar.

Welcome back and end of that one eh.

So moving on......

:-D

Last edited:
Closing thread as its run its course and going on a tangent.

Last edited:

Reply to Where is he in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net