Discuss Which consumer units are best in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

If my Son done that I'd rather fit MK outlets rather than rely on an RCD, IMHO MK have the best child proof shutters.
Theres no guarantee that a child or anyone receiving a shock would trip an RCD, and I'd prefer not to put that to the test.

It was in a 4 way bar at my mother in laws house. How is an MK outlet going to make any difference? Surely if you poke something in the earth at the top its going to open the shutters? I have MK Logic DP throughout my house, changed them all the week I moved in.

I believe these are the MK Logic plus

MK%20Features_zpsnnmewbx4.jpg
[/IMG]

Acti9? Why do these Schneider CU's have so many different names.

The only two I have seen advertised are the Easy9 and Resi9 although the Resi9 seems like gold dust

That Wylex one looks OK, which CU would you need for all rcbo's that can be mixed with mcb's? There are so many variations

Acti9 are their distribution boards
Easy9 are their consumer units

I would take a consumer unit to be a final board feeding circuits feeding current using equipment. I would take a distribution board as a main board feeding maybe several sub-boards or consumer units. Daz

Acti9 are their distribution boards
Easy9 are their consumer units

a db is a consumer unit, just another name for them.

you get single and tpn 10 way+ consumer units under acti9

acti9 are merlin gerin
easy9 are square d

Or put another way, Acti9 is the series derived from the extremely popular and high quality Merlin Gerin Multi9 range, and Easy9 is some ---- derived from the old SquareD domae/qwikline garbage.
told ya dave

dd1ec3ad2fd1ff3ca43349d485d06f82.jpg
5af182aabcdb00ad27ca4d1afe03d936.jpg

9982dd534408d5020d5ed9a506f3f674.jpg

what is the difference between consumer and distribution then?

there the same, the A type acti9 boards are single phase as well as everyother consumer unit

A consumer unit is a particular type of distribution board which is intended for simple single phase domestic use.

There are definitions in BS7671

A consumer unit is a particular type of distribution board which is intended for simple single phase domestic use.

There are definitions in BS7671

No, BS7671 says 'principally domestic premises' - it is not exclusive. Although I still say that a dist board generally feeds distribution circuits to other sub-boards. Daz

yes and what im saying is acti9 Type A is a single phase only board thanks to the isobar so is technically a consumer unit as well

Are you certain that it has the type testing to be a consumer unit? Do they not make a direct connection kit for it?

If you really want to be pedantic it is an isobar4 distribution board which uses acti9 protection and control devices.

Post #33 you said consumer units are for domestic. Have a read. Daz

Hang on a minute - this isn't a proper argument; you're just contradicting everything I say! (C) Monty Python.

Reply to Which consumer units are best in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net