Discuss Wind Turbines in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I am convinced that wind does work, but in the right area, whoever you talk to seems to think that their house is in the windiest place on earth, but many seem convinced, even with wind monitoring that because the have 5m/s of wind speed they will work fantastically, the point is, what you need for a wind turbine is a linear wind, which sadly you do not get inland of near buildings.
Why do you think billions of £'s have been spent putting turbines out in the sea? If they were fitted in the middle of a housing estate it would be much easier to get the electricity where it is needed.
Glens test will be interesting, and well done for trying this out, it would be interesting if you were to calculate what it should produce like we do with PV, and then see if it is 10-15% above the calculated figures.
That said, I am sure it will produce something, unlike the one that I saw fitted to a building.

earthstore,
totally agree, built up areas probably not that great. Rural areas this could be a good product domestically if pv not suitable or in conjunction poss 2.5kw pv and 1.5kw turbine so no g83 breach battery back up could make it more interesting for some clients teds comment about mcs however could be important as to fit payments.
wiggly

As I am not involved in the MCS side of the wind turbines, and as this is a new UK product, I have made a phonecall and the basics of it is this (I was premeture) The wind turbines are in the very final stages of the MCS accreditation and the transitional period does not count (my bad).

Our company has invested in 3 that will simply be used as test points for our own purposes, they are due to be launched and we have installed a number of them else where and they have worked well but unfortunatly no data recorded day by day.

I will go through full details tomorrow and post back, I am solar, biomass and underfloor heating and not as hot on the certification side of the turbines as I should be, technically however I have no problems.

I am happy to say I jumped the gun as we are not launching for a couple of weeks yet hence they not on our website.

glen,
Again good further info we are just getting into it to. As stated wind at this size could be a good seller if the figures stack up for domestic clients.
regards
wiggly

Reply to Wind Turbines in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net