Discuss Your going to laugh lads!!!!!!! NVQ3 - Domestic!!!!! in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Alex the NVQ3 City & Guilds will stay the same. it wiull be a seperate qualification for domestic only.

City & Guilds will keep the original one that covers all sectors

Ands that's the whole point of this debate!! ...There is, and should not be any classification or difference between electricians. That's a slippery road you won't ever recover from...

Ands that's the whole point of this debate!! ...There is, and should not be any classification or difference between electricians. That's a slippery road you won't ever recover from...

Listen some JIB guys always say domestic sparks aren't electricians the industry needs tightening up blah blah blah. Industry failing us.

Well this is your industry tightening up the domestic sector. (the one effected by 5 day wonders) What do you want them to do? They've sat up and acted and the JIB are on the domestic scene now!!!

They are setting up a qualification to prove your competency in domestic installation!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Think i've stated what needs to be done!! ...A minimum standard for ALL electricians, if that's an NVQ3 or it's equivalent, ...so be it!! It will still affect your 5 day wonders as you put it... Just stop this division lark, because down the road some, it will bite you, and you can take that to the bank!! But it'll be too late then...

Listen some JIB guys always say domestic sparks aren't electricians the industry needs tightening up blah blah blah. Industry failing us.

Well this is your industry tightening up the domestic sector. (the one effected by 5 day wonders) What do you want them to do? They've sat up and acted and the JIB are on the domestic scene now!!!

They are setting up a qualification to prove your competency in domestic installation!!

i worked with jib sparks when i was a yougin,they could be doing a new build housing estate one day,production lines the next,ships the day after,being pigeon holed in one area is no good for any spark,its all sparky work

Alex the NVQ3 City & Guilds will stay the same. it wiull be a seperate qualification for domestic only.

City & Guilds will keep the original one that covers all sectors

You can never tell were c&g are involved!!!!!, also I bet the last pound in my pocket a lower tech cert is to follow a domestic NVQ3 - if you think about it a lot of 2330 is 3phase and motors so they could get rid of that - then condense the h&s down so applicable to domestic, before you know it the 'bodies' will be offering a three week intensive tech cert for yep £1000..... If I was one of the 'bodies' thats what i'd be doing.

AM you can't look past that alot of sparks do 1 sector and thats it. I was always told by my tutors. Find ONE that you're good at and stick at it.

Its ok being a jack of all sectors and a master of none.

You can never tell were c&g are involved!!!!!, also I bet the last pound in my pocket a lower tech cert is to follow a domestic NVQ3 - if you think about it a lot of 2330 is 3phase and motors so they could get rid of that - then condense the h&s down so applicable to domestic, before you know it the 'bodies' will be offering a three week intensive tech cert for yep £1000..... If I was one of the 'bodies' thats what i'd be doing.

Probably right mate. The JIB won't accept it though. I really can't believe some users are objecting the idea after the crap we've had to put up with from the domestic installers 5 day wonders. This is a step in the right direction and excellent news for the qualified experienced domestic electricians with tech certs 17th edition & 2391 but without an NVQ3. Its exactly what I 've been after!

id call it experience,being called a domestic sounds like a cook/housekeeper..a master domestic spark,i'll have to look that one up..

AM like it or not the industry has set a standard for domestic sparks that hopefully will keep 5 day wonders out and get better rates for FULLY QUALIFIED ASSESSED ELECTRICIANS working in the domestic sector!

Reply to Your going to laugh lads!!!!!!! NVQ3 - Domestic!!!!! in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net