Questions and electrical advice in the Electricians' Talk - Industrial installations can be discussed in this industrial electricians' talk forum. Way better than any ScrewSucks Community Forums. ElectriciansTalk Forum. Wiring, theories and regulations..

Some popular forums: Electrical Forum - Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations - Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification - Electrician Jobs

Hi , just after a bit of advice. A customer is asking me to put a small opening in the front of an IP 65 enclosure. He wants a clear lid (like...
Replies
Views
E
Sad I know, but I recently built a wiring test setup in my garage containing consumer unit, 2 x ring mains, 2 lighting circuits etc etc. I am...
Replies
Views
WarrenG
W
can someone tell me if there is a difference between INTERLOCKED SOCKET 3P+N+E IP67 63A 6h and INTERLOCKED SOCKET 3P+N+T IP67 63A 6h, its the T...
Replies
Views
F
Hi All, I need a meter for ensuring Capacitors are discharged, they work up to 600v and are located in a place where a normal GS38 voltage...
Replies
Views
Forrest
F
I have been given a compressor motor and asked if I can make it work. It is missing its capacitors, anyone fancy guiding me through specifying the...
Replies
Views
Old man wants me to replace the 8x recessed lights we have on our decking. They were cheap and leaked water constantly tripping the rcd, so they...
Replies
Views
pennywise
P
  • Poll
Hello Use the Poll Above to answer If I opened a new section, of "For sale/wanted" so you can sell your unused testers ? or buy them, not...
Replies
Views
rumrunner
R
Does anybody here have issues with changing 12V lamps to GU10 LED lamps in the same fitting? Obviously involves taking out the transformer...
Replies
Views
B
Hey, thanks for the forum, it is great. I had a small question on the sub-forum "The Electricians Arms". If I understand correctly, one of the...
Replies
Views
A real dumb question; The cable manufacturer has shown 4D as minimum bending radius of the cable in the datasheet. With this information how can...
Replies
Views
hi there customer has requested a T5 fitting (21w) fitting to be fitted to fitted wardrobes. now i plan to wire the light via sw fused spur...
Replies
Views
Hello. Can anyone point me to what it might be that requires a neutral generator when using a digital 3-phase converter outputting 400V? If a...
Replies
Views
M
I would like to find out who was the original owner of Eyre ( newey and eyre). Were they around in Birmingham in 1953? Can someone help ?
Replies
Views
I
How do you test these things? I'm trying to get readings for one home, but the site has one main box feeding about 80 homes. They've been...
Replies
Views
itchy
I
G
Hi all, As I posted in another thread, I've recently acquired a Metrel Instaltest 61557. I believe there should be some software on a CD with it...
Replies
Views
Geordie Spark
G
G
Two resistors, when connected in parallel have an equivalent resistance of 15 ohms. If one of the resistors is 60 ohms what is the value of the...
Replies
Views
randyrat
R
S
Hi, Im hoping someone can help me here with a regulation number, or a direction where to find the regulation inregard to my question.... In an...
Replies
Views
S
Have just completed an extension & fixed a new 10W dual RCCD Consumer unit for new circuits & existing. Started testing & discovered that although...
Replies
Views
Octopus
O
A
A cry for help - Customer in old house has a 2 wire lighting circuit. Simple Line/Neutral? Er no. One cable comes from a light in an adjacent room...
Replies
Views
wattsup
W
N
Hi contacted Niceic to register for part p, told to inform building control ref electrical work to be offered for assessment prior to work being...
Replies
Views
gpz900jim
G
D
Does anyone do the adiabatic equation to check earthing conductor size is okay, as we've just been taught it at college and its very good to know...
Replies
Views
DanBrown
D
B
Hey everyone, was at work today and was thinking about working hours. So….what does everyone work? For me it’s mon-fri, I start at 07h30. I...
Replies
Views
betambeau
B
B
Went on a job today to rectify a fault on some lighting, choc blocks cooking and also need 1 switch programmed I was there anm hour and charged...
Replies
Views
I
M
  • Poll
As the title says.What do you prefer
Replies
Views
Guest123
G
E
YouTube - Inspection and Testing Initial Verification for Domestic Properties (Excerpt) From 1.46 (on the video) where the safe isolation...
Replies
Views
P
Arranging my first assessment with Elecsa. One of the jobs I am showing them is a CU change, I have heard they like to have a route around inside...
Replies
Views
Morning, Is it still permissible to have fixed wiring in a factory inspected by an external company every 5 years? I have the company who we...
Replies
Views
W
I haven't seen this site (whistle...) Meter Seals :Stephen P Wales Ltd
Replies
Views
WarrenG
W
B
inspected a job, service head 3p 4 wire. 100A BS88. meter tails 25mm2 ccc 101A out meter into 2 * henly blocks. out the henly blocks split into 2...
Replies
Views
Guest55
G
Hi everyone, I am looking for a rectifier as attached file, but i don't know maker for this product, Can someone tell me, Thanks,
Replies
Views
R
Okay then chaps.... Where is the best place to get your gear from? I'm talking cable, boxes, sockets, trunking, lights etc etc? Only I have just...
Replies
Views
M
J
Hi Just wondering if someone can give me some advice please. I've quoted for a rewire at a domestic property in liverpool, however there's a...
Replies
Views
jellen
J
Hi May I know about the standards in the installation of grounding electrode in crowded areas where clearance from the perimeter is not achieved?
Replies
Views
The Ghost
T
keep coming across switching probs.where you have large area's of lighting spread across three phases,we used to use barrier sw/boxes apparently...
Replies
Views
tony.towa
T
Hi all, Got a look at a job today in a traveling site, we are installing a supply to a static caravan! The supply is tncs to a metal clad d/b in...
Replies
Views
F
Hi Everyone I was on a job today and found what looks to be a heating mat in the customers loft. As they want me to install an extractor fan in...
Replies
Views
C
Well, am down to my last 2 exams in the next 3 weeks and realised my formulae book has gone 'walkabouts'. I don't have time to sit down and trawl...
Replies
Views
Cirrus
C
M
Hi all, been offered some work through Homeserve, anybody that would be kind enough to comment would be most appreciated, seem a very big...
Replies
Views
mickytuff
M
Struggling to find a consensus on this - is it OK to power MR16 LEDs off a DC power source? I have been asked to do this by a customer who has...
Replies
Views
Anyone come across smaller completion certificates? When you only need to fill out details for the one circuit you have worked all the rest of...
Replies
Views
Just wondering if any can advise. I am looking for time / current graph for bs1362 typeII 60a as I have a 10mm main earth and wish to use...
Replies
Views
F
Hi Guys , contractor that we use (not nic or select registered) have told me that to install a socket in a area used by the public requires some...
Replies
Views
O
This may be stupid question, but here goes. If you have a reel of old colour cable, unused (red, black, T&E), can you still use it if correctly...
Replies
Views
Spudnik
S
Replies
Views
I'm struggling to get a timer to work. It's a red lion pax r, and I'm using a proximity sensor as the input to count so that every time it makes...
Replies
Views
J
Self-employed can set mortgage costs against tax, says HMRC - Business News, Business - The Independent does anyone do this?
Replies
Views
DYCHE4230
D
S
hi all, been to look at a job and the gas supply is via a tank outside in the garden, the pipework is bonded internally at the point of entry...
Replies
Views
sparkyork
S
W
what would or wouldnt happen if you put a board on a tn-c-s pme system instead of an incoming mains switch? forgive me for sounding thick but im...
Replies
Views
Shakey
S
N
Hi.. I have a Freeview Box with a external Power Adapter which I plug into the back Its 5v 1200mA Its failing as it runs for about 15mins then...
Replies
Views
nuttycomputer
N
Hello, How are closed loop sensors like the below and monitored integrated into a control system, isolation switches/switch amplifiers? These are...
Replies
Views
Post a New Thread / Question

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back