Discuss 2394 & 2395 In Central Scotland. in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

2394 exams 13-10-15, 1-12-15
2395 exams 14-10-15, 2-12-15

exams are set by C&G so that all candidates do them simultaneously to avoid people transferring data to others.

Thanks Richard.

I'd need to book extra time off to do those exam dates. I assume if I failed I'd have to resit on the same dates?

Bit of a nightmare this, I thought I'd be doing well seeing as I get plenty time off but it's actually working against me here, although I do understand the reason for the dates.

Thanks Richard.

I'd need to book extra time off to do those exam dates. I assume if I failed I'd have to resit on the same dates?

Bit of a nightmare this, I thought I'd be doing well seeing as I get plenty time off but it's actually working against me here, although I do understand the reason for the dates.

Unless it has changed since it was the 2391, you won't be able to sit the exam the same day if you failed. You wouldn't normally get your results for up to 10 weeks.

Jay

Unless it has changed since it was the 2391, you won't be able to sit the exam the same day if you failed. You wouldn't normally get your results for up to 10 weeks.

Jay

Sorry, I meant that resits will happen on a designated day i.e. I wouldn't be able to choose a day that suits me.

I've got this booked for November. Could anyone suggest any reading materials or "mock" tests I should be doing?
You just need to know the basics of electrical installation testing requirements and the entire contents of guidance note three by heart, so it is not difficult!

Just read guidance note three and ensure that you note the correct terminology,
The exam success book has two example papers but the book has not yet been updated for amendment three, however the guidance in there on how to approach the exam can be quite useful.

Thanks, just to recap before I buy...

I need this book and I also need this book?

I assume there's no point in buying the yellow regs book if I buy the guidance note 3? Or, could I buy the full regs book instead? Would there be any advantage?

You would find it very hard to complete the course without Guidance Note 3 (Amd3), though the training centre may have copies for use during the course you would really need to have this as a reference.

The exam success book is just a handy guide to how to approach the exam, giving techniques for answering the different type of questions and explaining for instance that "state" means a few sentences at most, "list" means a list of items with no additions, "in detail" means provide full details, the number of marks available for the question gives an indication of how much information to provide e.g. 2 marks probably means there are two items you need to mention in the answer; if you have only given one item it is not enough to get full marks, if you have a paragraph of text then you have wasted your time.
It is not needed but may be useful.

Go to the City and Guilds website and read the Chief examiners reports about the two exams (under additional documents), these provide feedback detailing where there were common errors and lack of details by candidates; a good list of things to avoid!

If you are operating as an electrician you should already have the up to date regs book as it is pretty much required reading for doing your job!

Reply to 2394 & 2395 In Central Scotland. in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net