Discuss Band 1 cabling covered by BS7671 in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi All

Just wondering if the installion method of band 1 cabling is covered by BS7671?

I'm pretty sure it isn't but just been told that alarm conduits have to be secured with metal fixings. Just need to find some evidence in the regs to support this.

Cheers

How does this work for you....

110.1.2 The Regulations include requirements for:
(i) circuits supplied at nominal voltages up to and including 1000 V AC or 1500 V DC. For AC, the preferred frequencies which are taken into account in this Standard are 50 Hz, 60 Hz and 400 Hz. The use of other frequencies for special purposes is not excluded
(ii) circuits, other than the internal wiring of equipment, operating at voltages exceeding 1000 V and derived from an installation having a voltage not exceeding 1000 V AC, e.g. discharge lighting, electrostatic precipitators
(iii) wiring systems and cables not specifically covered by the standards for appliances
(iv) all consumer installations external to buildings
(v) fixed wiring for information and communication technology, signalling, control and the like (excluding
internal wiring of equipment)

Last edited by a moderator:
Are Band 1 Cables less likely to be the cause of entanglement over any other cables?

I think there's only one answer.

Reactions: DPG
Hi All

Just wondering if the installion method of band 1 cabling is covered by BS7671?

I'm pretty sure it isn't but just been told that alarm conduits have to be secured with metal fixings. Just need to find some evidence in the regs to support this.

Cheers

Yes it is covered by BS7671, and even if it isn't then you should be fitting metal supports regardless.

Metal supports for wiring systems was brought in because firefighters burned to death after getting tangled in cables which fell down during a fire.

Are you thinking separation.
No, just the metal fixing side of things.
[automerge]1584649179[/automerge]
Yes it is covered by BS7671, and even if it isn't then you should be fitting metal supports regardless.

Metal supports for wiring systems was brought in because firefighters burned to death after getting tangled in cables which fell down during a fire.
I know why you use metal fixings I wasn't asking that, I was just asking if ELV was covered by BS7671

Last edited by a moderator:
I know why you use metal fixings I wasn't asking that, I was just asking if ELV was covered by BS7671

Yes it is, if you get a copy of BS7671 and read the section which sets out what it covers you will see this.

Reactions: DPG
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Band 1 cabling covered by BS7671 in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net