Discuss Can't get an electrician to come out for a small job! So help needed! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

So I visited this job today, really nice customer, not long moved there! I can see why it was difficult to install, the light itself was appalling, as usual 3 hands to fit. So I managed to get a wagobox lite in above the fitting with a flex out looking like this! IMG_20210215_1216394.jpg

And about 15mins later ta-da
IMG_20210215_1246407.jpg

I also took a look at some downlights in the kitchen whilst there and oh dear. All the earth's were cut off and the original contractor had damaged the cables while installing them, and done nothing to make them safe. IMG_20210215_1254008.jpg
So the one I took down is now safe and awaiting replacement with some new safe ones!

So I visited this job today, really nice customer, not long moved there! I can see why it was difficult to install, the light itself was appalling, as usual 3 hands to fit. So I managed to get a wagobox lite in above the fitting with a flex out looking like this!View attachment 64750

And about 15mins later ta-da
View attachment 64751

I also took a look at some downlights in the kitchen whilst there and oh dear. All the earth's were cut off and the original contractor had damaged the cables while installing them, and done nothing to make them safe. View attachment 64752
So the one I took down is now safe and awaiting replacement with some new safe ones!
I am the original poster and must say thanks to everyone on the forum and obviously a BIG THANK YOU to Sparkysy!! No huffing and puffing or complaining about how horrible the fixing was - he calmly assessed the job and just got on with it. Lesson learn from me though - no more buying nice looking lamps without thinking about the fixings!!

I also asked Sparkysy to look at the light in the kitchen and was shocked at what he discovered. He explained that the previous installer had bodged the job and without charging extra he made the fixing safe.

Genuine nice tradesperson, who I will use for any further jobs and will highly recommend to friends and family.

Thanks Sparkysy!!

Reply to Can't get an electrician to come out for a small job! So help needed! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net