Discuss EICR rectifications completed by another electrician, what now? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

The word ‘trolling’ is the present participle of the word ‘troll’.
By stating that I am trolling, you are stating that I am at present actively being a troll.

Ok. Nice side step from the issue. Painting my living room does not make me a painter.

Do you accept that you are incorrect in your understanding of the EICR sign off procedure.

How does “By rights appropriate certification appended to your report should be sufficient.” differ from what you have been saying?
You still haven’t explained.

Your Post 3 contradicts itself and shows a misunderstanding of how EICRs should be signed off. You have further clarifies your misunderstanding by confirming that you do not give a next inspection due date on unsatisfactory EICRs.

Ok. Nice side step from the issue. Painting my living room does not make me a painter.

Do you accept that you are incorrect in your understanding of the EICR sign off procedure.
Actually, it does.
It doesn’t make you a professional painter, but a painter is someone who paints.

No.
BS7671 allows me as the Inspector to determine when an installation should next be inspected.
If I do not consider an Installation is safe for continued use, then I am not obliged to state the installation should continue to be used and inspected in x amount of years.

Actually, it does.
It doesn’t make you a professional painter, but a painter is someone who paints.

No.
BS7671 allows me as the Inspector to determine when an installation should next be inspected.
If I do not consider an Installation is safe for continued use, then I am not obliged to state the installation should continue to be used and inspected in x amount of years.

This is what I mean by your misunderstanding of how the sign off procedure works. You have summed it up perfectly above.

It has been explained many times how it works and I have nothing more to add on it. Happy to help but you seem to be digging your heels in a little for some reason even though you are incorrect.

You start by saying additional certification ‘should’ surfice then go on to say that if they want a satisfactory EICR then you will need to test again.

Come on. Jesus.
If the client wants the report to state Satisfactory rather than Unsatisfactory, then the installation would have to be inspected again.

No the client would need to be educated.
The problem with that, is that some Insurance companies will not accept Unsatisfactory reports even with appropriate certification for remedial work appended to the report.
Some insist the report must state Satisfactory.
Which is why I stated first:
“By rights appropriate certification appended to your report should be sufficient.”

^^^ I am looking at the pair of your comments. IMO my 2 pence worth if an EICR has been carried out, and lets say c1 for x c2 for y has been recorded, and remedial work has been carried out to correct the installation with paper work ie MWC, then in my mind that would go hand in hand with the previous EICR end off.

^^^ I am looking at the pair of your comments. IMO my 2 pence worth if an EICR has been carried out, and lets say c1 for x c2 for y has been recorded, and remedial work has been carried out to correct the installation with paper work ie MWC, then in my mind that would go hand in hand with the previous EICR end off.
Yes, that should by rights be the case.
But what if that work isn’t done for 6 years?

what a farce ........... nobody can agree ............ but thing is for sure, and based on personal experience......... handing an unsatisfactory EICR and a couple of MWC's to a letting agent doesn't always guarantee they will "accept" that the installation is now "satisfactory"

Reply to EICR rectifications completed by another electrician, what now? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net