• IMPORTANT: Please note that nobody on this forum should be seeking from or providing advice to those who are not competent and / or trained and qualified in their field (local laws permitting). There is a discussion thread on this global industry-wide matter HERE. This also has more information about the warning with regards to sharing electrical advice in some countries. By using this forum you do so in agreement to this.

Discuss Help! Never seen this before! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Steve93

-
Trainee
Reaction score
I am installing solar to a house and this is there main incoming. I can’t see an Earth anywhere but test ZS across L-N coming out at 0.20. Then with gas bond disconnected is 0.38! But we only have gas bonding. No other earth anywhere. Anyone had this?

Help! Never seen this before! 37F43B79-3893-478B-A370-720DC30C907D - EletriciansForums.net

Help! Never seen this before! F8C5877A-6A8E-4B16-90E9-5D66621AF2BA - EletriciansForums.net

I am installing solar to a house and this is there main incoming. I can’t see an Earth anywhere but test ZS across L-N coming out at 0.20. Then with gas bond disconnected is 0.38! But we only have gas bonding. No other earth anywhere. Anyone had this?

View attachment 44800

View attachment 44801
Top right hand side of Pic DP MCB with TWECC coming out at the bottom, looks damaged to me where it bends into the enclosure, or do I need to go to Specsavers?

You say Zs across L-N...

What about the true Ze or Zdb?

Could be someone had converted it to TNCS without DNO.

What about a pic of the main earth terminal in the cu? And a wider shot showing all the incoming gear.

Sorry zdb is what I ment. Here is a full pic and there is no main earth terminal. The 6’m gas bond goes from db to the gas meter. There are a couple of dbs that there earths go back to this ‘main’ db. But this main db only has gas bond earth in it. Nothing else

Help! Never seen this before! 9E8783C8-8C0F-4EA0-BC95-56C037093F0D - EletriciansForums.net

Help! Never seen this before! D6C56C7F-77EC-4DAA-A2C1-46F0FB91B37C - EletriciansForums.net

Sorry zdb is what I ment. Here is a full pic and there is no main earth terminal. The 6’m gas bond goes from db to the gas meter. There are a couple of dbs that there earths go back to this ‘main’ db. But this main db only has gas bond earth in it. Nothing else

View attachment 44802

View attachment 44803
Wassat blue jobby mid righhand of piccy?

Top right hand side of Pic DP MCB with TWECC coming out at the bottom, looks damaged to me where it bends into the enclosure, or do I need to go to Specsavers?
looks like some cowboy has taken a T/E feed from that D/P switch and split the cores.

Could be a much smaller cable to the rod. Readings you are getting would not make me think rod though.

Supp bonding from cpc to pipework that is shared with next door's pipework that is bonded and connected to their PME ?
It’s a old detached house which is a fair few meters away from neighbour. I am stumped atm

Reply to Help! Never seen this before! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back