Discuss Induction hob and electric oven running from same 32 questions... Again in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I assure you i had a qualified electrician give my kitchen a full re wire he is due to return in 10 days after his holls to fix in my appliances and plates/ lightes ect. i have no reason to lie about this.

I am just asking for advice, However i am now concerned regards to the workmanship due to your comment, can you see something that is not within regs or unsafe??

Placement of a cooker connection unit behind a built-in unit can be problematic, especially a dual outlet one, because of the limited space behind built-in appliances.

It is also normal to provide a means of isolation adjacent to a cooking appliance(s) & above worktop, although you say the CU is close by, and some would say that is sufficient, i.e. using the circuit MCB as means of isolation.

It is easy to criticise someone else's work, however the pics you've shared show a slight lack of good workmanship, as above.

Placement of a cooker connection unit behind a built-in unit can be problematic, especially a dual outlet one, because of the limited space behind built-in appliances.

It is also normal to provide a means of isolation adjacent to a cooking appliance(s) & above worktop, although you say the CU is close by, and some would say that is sufficient, i.e. using the circuit MCB as means of isolation.

It is easy to criticise someone else's work, however the pics you've shared show a slight lack of good workmanship, as above.
Thank you, i think i can explain this.... the cooker connection ( bottom double on pics) was not intended for a built in hob/oven as stated in my initial post the electrician wired up for a range cooker( the electrician left presuming this was happening) , I then changed my mind and decided to get induction hob and built in single oven and fit them in to a housing where the range was going to go.i really did not anticipate this being a problem.https://photos.app.goo.gl/Yn6mbqEzyRj3Wbpm9

as for the isolation above the worktop there is one this can be seen in this pic at the moment it has no plate and looks like its light switch height. https://photos.app.goo.gl/onY4Dxo698vFGUJC2

so is the metal plate you can see behind the housing dangerous?

Thank you, i think i can explain this.... the cooker connection ( bottom double on pics) was not intended for a built in hob/oven as stated in my initial post the electrician wired up for a range cooker( the electrician left presuming this was happening) , I then changed my mind and decided to get induction hob and built in single oven and fit them in to a housing where the range was going to go.i really did not anticipate this being a problem.https://photos.app.goo.gl/Yn6mbqEzyRj3Wbpm9

as for the isolation above the worktop there is one this can be seen in this pic at the moment it has no plate and looks like its light switch height. https://photos.app.goo.gl/onY4Dxo698vFGUJC2

so is the metal plate you can see behind the housing dangerous?

Arrgh ok I see.

You'll see from Taylors #2, the dual outlet plate is fixed to a single back box not a twin. The outlet plate needs to be mounted higher up, to ensure the flex's to the appliances aren't bent and damaged by the shelf (normally about 150mm). You may struggle fitting said plate behind your built-in appliance, because of the space taken up by the appliance and depth of plate, measure it & verify.

As said before, I would not progress any further with your kitchen, and await the return of your electrician.

I presumed so... for the range that was planned .however this was a single box that i changed to a double in anticipation of both hob and oven having plugs and thought it might be helpful to the electrician, Then i woke up!! and it dawned on me i know sod all.
Indeed. So you must wait for your electrician. To begin with, to fit two accessories in the same box you need a DUAL box, not a double!
Secondly, you don’t know even how the oven connects. Does it have a plug? If so you need a socket and a CCU from the 32A circuit.
Thirdly, what’s the plan re the extractor?

Too many questions, and you don’t have a scooby. I know you feel guilty because you changed your mind, but you’ll have to be patient. You’ll only add to the work he’s got to do when/if he gets back from Hawaii.
See if you can get a bulk deal with Deliveroo while you wait. :D

Arrgh ok I see.

You'll see from Taylors #2, the dual outlet plate is fixed to a single back box not a twin. The outlet plate needs to be mounted higher up, to ensure the flex's to the appliances aren't bent and damaged by the shelf (normally about 150mm). You may struggle fitting said plate behind your built-in appliance, because of the space taken up by the appliance and depth of plate, measure it & verify.

As said before, I would not progress any further with your kitchen, and await the return of your electrician.

thanks for the advice.

I like to see someone use the little pictogram stickers on a CU when their handwriting is shaky.... Then lose the one for central heating.
And did he have to write "RCD" under the RCD?

I know these comments have nothing to do with the current problem.

Agree. Wait for your electrician if you can.

I like to see someone use the little pictogram stickers on a CU when their handwriting is shaky.... Then lose the one for central heating.
And did he have to write "RCD" under the RCD?

I know these comments have nothing to do with the current problem.

Agree. Wait for your electrician if you can.

haha i have only just noticed that, funnily enough i used to work for siemens who own the wylex brand i started on a production line applying those stickers some years back!

I can wait, if i must! as taylor stated above i feel a tad guilty, and its holding me back not knowing if the hob and oven and housing can stay as it is, or am i going to have to rip it out in order for him to chase the walls again taking him more time that i know he hasn't got as i know hes a busy boy. i also wanted to tile!

My money is on no spark

I presumed so... for the range that was planned .however this was a single box that i changed to a double in anticipation of both hob and oven having plugs and thought it might be helpful to the electrician, Then i woke up!! and it dawned on me i know sod all.
Yep!

IMHO all fixed appliances, on shared RCD's should ALWAYS have accessible means of DP isolation.............

Here we go again. There is no regulation. If you think there is then please supply the number.
But in any case, from #1
as I'm aware he has prepped for a cooker switch on the wall
So it's there, reg or not..

Too many questions, and you don’t have a scooby. I know you feel guilty because you changed your mind, but you’ll have to be patient. You’ll only add to the work he’s got to do when/if he gets back from Hawaii.
See if you can get a bulk deal with Deliveroo while you wait. :D

Easy Tiger :)

Reply to Induction hob and electric oven running from same 32 questions... Again in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net