Discuss Install cert required if eicr has been done in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

An eicr first to find out whether your installing a board to supply a load of circuits that are dangerous or can cause nuisance tripping etc
Why? After basic testing and checking before changing a CU, the installation becomes an EIC. If the client doesn't want a full test you just record it and advise one.

I do installation certs for new board changes. I’m not looking for some robot to quote regs at me. By replacing the cu with an rcd board i am improving the safety so why?? Do i have to do the same test again to get the same results

If you've already done a full EICR on the property, the only additional tests apart from identifying the new circuit layout would be the RCD tripping times. As you would have already recorded test results from your previous inspection

same results only difference is rcd times. All im saying is does no one else think its a bit overkill to do the tests again. Regs are just a guide not an act

Repeating the tests is a different matter entirely to your original question, which was do you need to issue an EIC, which you do if your installation is to be compliant with the regulations.
If of course you just view the regs as a guide and are not to be followed then you have wasted your time by even asking this question in the first place. Just carry on as you feel and ignore the regulations.

Well you would still need to provide a cert identifying that the RCD's were faulty, when you've already provided an EICR which will detail that there was no RCD protection installed for the installation.

Basically, you should go back an test/certify the board change

If you've already done a full EICR on the property, the only additional tests apart from identifying the new circuit layout would be the RCD tripping times. As you would have already recorded test results from your previous inspection
It all depends on whether you've been asked to replace a CU or to carry out a condition report....the result of which recommends a replacement CU.

Reply to Install cert required if eicr has been done in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net