Discuss It's getting worse in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

dont see the relevance in black lives count.
Police need to respond in the uk they dont just go get a gun its locked in the boot (usually and pemission is needed to retrieve it)
they will not run after shop lifters with guns or speeders etc.

Maybe do a bit of reading about the actions of the US police, they are at the bottom of the very slippery slope you are wanting ours to start walking along - you might then see the relevancy.

Some of the police are no better than thugs in uniforms especially in the Metropolitan police, only officers who are carefully vetted should ever be allowed a weapon that can kill.

USA police carry guns and if you watch the cops programme they are constantly getting guns pulled on them. Seems its a constitutional right in most states to own a firearm. So fight fire with fire
In the uk firearms are regulated and certainly cannot be carried in public places (except in a case) so only criminals and terrorists and diplomats have them. We already have a firearms policy and have had this in place years it just needs updating to cope with the AK45 brigade

:56::56::56::56::56:Well lets get rid of the police they are all corrupt and if they had guns would shoot us all.:56::56::56::56::56:
The place we call UK would be a bad place to live in without them. Whilst some are bad most are good and only doing there job.
I say again give them the tools they need (more armed responce)
As for fox news our BBc and media are no better all media is controlled by someone.Sensible folk read between the lines.

Time for bed

Interesting article, I remember when we studied the rise of Hitler in history how we were told that during social upheaval such as economic depression and/or the threat of violence there is a tendency for apparently normal people, who like to think of themselves as holding a strong grasp of morality, to be able to be manipulated via the media/propaganda to end up holding views that would have gone against their outlook not long before.

Leytonstone stabbing: Man 'screams this is for Syria' after horror attack in Tube station - Mirror Online

So how long until every police officer needs to be armed with deadly weapons ( Guns ) the officer in the video tasers the terrorist with little effect.
If we are going to expect the police to protect us in the fight against terrorism then surely they need the equipment to do so and also on a similar note I can see everyday civilians starting to Arm themselves very soon if things escalate with local random attcks like this.

What are your thoughts is it time to arm every officer in the uk,because while I don't want to end up like America and therir gun laws I also think it is unrealistic to send a police officer with a taser to face a terrorist with either a gun or an explosive device. please discuss;

I can't think of anthing more dangerous than a Plod with a loaded firearm.

Five of them once tried to shoot a cow that had escaped and not one of them were capable of hitting it! Then there was the Plod who was visiting a primarary school and accidentally discharged his firearm is a classroom full of children - the list goes on....

Give them nothing more dangerous than Speed Detector Guns to pose around with and a notebook, pencil and whistle. If we have to have firearms on our streets to keep us safe then give the job to the military who are a damned sight better trained than Plod will ever hope to be!

Last edited by a moderator:
USA police carry guns and if you watch the cops programme they are constantly getting guns pulled on them. Seems its a constitutional right in most states to own a firearm. So fight fire with fire
In the uk firearms are regulated and certainly cannot be carried in public places (except in a case) so only criminals and terrorists and diplomats have them. We already have a firearms policy and have had this in place years it just needs updating to cope with the AK45 brigade

What do you propose for the AK47 brigade? :59:

I can't think of anthing more dangerous than a Plod with a loaded firearm.

Five of them once tried to shoot a cow that had escaped and not one of them were capable of hitting it! Then there was the Plod who was visiting a primarary school and accidentally discharged his firearm is a classroom full of children - the list goes on....

Give them nothing more dangerous than Speed Detector Guns to pose around with and a notebook, pencil and whistle. If we have to have firearms on our streets to keep us safe then give the job to the military who are a damned sight better trained than Plod will ever hope to be!

Interesting statement.

Good job the cops in Leytonstone had something more useful than Speed Detector Guns. We do have professionally trained police firearms officers, who have strict rules of engagement and have to justify their actions of using firearms, complying with use of force Criminal Law Act, Common Law, Human Rights etc. Our military have different rules of engagement, and I doubt would want to routinely patrol our streets in peace time.

The cop who discharged his firearm in the classroom, was an idiot and would have had his firearms licence revoked, had that happened in the UK.

Interesting statement.

Good job the cops in Leytonstone had something more useful than Speed Detector Guns. We do have professionally trained police firearms officers, who have strict rules of engagement and have to justify their actions of using firearms, complying with use of force Criminal Law Act, Common Law, Human Rights etc. Our military have different rules of engagement, and I doubt would want to routinely patrol our streets in peace time.

The cop who discharged his firearm in the classroom, was an idiot and would have had his firearms licence revoked, had that happened in the UK.

That's my point .. it DID happen here in the UK!!
Girl hurt in Nottinghamshire police gun accident - BBC News

And so did the Armed Response vehicle that crashed just along the road from where I live. It bust into flames & the ammo exploded.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well he's an idiot as well. Quite why the firearms unit felt the need to exhibit a firearm to school children, I don't know. Your right, questions should be asked, not least the reasons behind the visit.

An ARV is an operational unit, crashing & catching fire, will more than probably, cause the ammunition to explode. **** happens. Should they deploy without ammunition, and go back to base to get it if they need it.

Did anyone see the C4 news this evening ?

Rather puts the context of this so called "terrorist" attack is a somewhat different light to that which is being displayed in some of the comment in this thread.

Did anyone see the C4 news this evening ?

Rather puts the context of this so called "terrorist" attack is a somewhat different light to that which is being displayed in some of the comment in this thread.

So channel 4 news has said someting you agree with so channel 4 news is legit and the others arnt? not seen the news but there website says the same as every other news site.

So channel 4 news has said someting you agree with so channel 4 news is legit and the others arnt? not seen the news but there website says the same as every other news site.

Try actually watching it, then form an opinion, that's what normal open minded folks will do.

If you'd actually read what I typed youd see that I've mentioned that it puts a different light on the context - no mention of me agreeing at all.

I politely pointed out to Murdoch that he's best to watch it as well if hes minded to, and form his own opinion - after all everyone's opinions are their own - have a go at forming your own.

what's more disturbing is an engineer tackling the knife muppet, getting cut, while several fit men videod the incident on mobiles instead of pitching in themselves and aiding in restraining the lunatic.

Reply to It's getting worse in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock