Discuss It's getting worse in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Have you edited the thread fella? because I cannot see any problems so far.

Just a bit of preventative pro active posting,it was heading that way, temp's were starting to rise although as I wrote the post it got back on track but already posted so ill leave as a reminder. :)

Although what Michael bubble has to do with it other than he wants shooting IMHO ...Ahhhh now I see the relation to the topic :christmaswindow:

Last edited:
Hiya Mike yeah start a xmas thread and let's all get in the spirit.

must be making allowances, being as you're from slurry.

Don't count your chickens, I think your on your own lol

If your on about routinely arming all police officers, you've read my posts, can you give me your arguments on the contrary.

PS If we are all agreed to drop the subject, please feel free to ignore.

Last edited:
Glen unfortunately it is something that is more and more likely to happen. Less than 5 yrs ago you would never have seen police in a station with weapons, now at most main line stations in London they are quite prevalent.

I think within the next 2 yrs most squad cars will have firearms in them, if not already.

There ARE more armed officers around than most of us think already!

I agree we should have armed police but not every police officers from what i seen the tazzer did do its job ,remember after 7/7 the police shot an innocent man aleast with a tazzer if they shoot the wrong man or women ,they will live to tell the tail , they have now posted extra armed police on the tube

I don't want to see any innocent people getting shot by the police but the issue for me is if a police officer responds to a call about a terrorist brandishing an ak47 I don't think it's fair to send him in with stun gun, for one thing he will need to get a lot closer to the gunman which leaves the officer in even more Danger, personally for me I think he would need to stop him from a safer distance.

I don't want to see any innocent people getting shot by the police but the issue for me is if a police officer responds to a call about a terrorist brandishing an ak47 I don't think it's fair to send him in with stun gun, for one thing he will need to get a lot closer to the gunman which leaves the officer in even more Danger, personally for me I think he would need to stop him from a safer distance.
Do you not feel with have enough armed respose teams already for this ,

Do you not feel with have enough armed respose teams already for this ,

If I am honest mate I don't what the numbers are for armed vs unarmed

I'd like to have more of them tbh. Lets look at Friday nights attack and who responded first? Policemen only armed with tazers, thank God that the "attacker" was not carrying a gun!!!

Spot on Paul and my point entirely, what chance would the officer have had and then the terrorist would have been free to attack even more civilians.

You make a good point but how far do we go how many police do we arm just london , just the major city's or every town and vilage these attacks could happen any ware , i guess its all down to money do we spend it on intergance or guns , the police have guns in france and still those terible attacks happened .

Biggest problem in my roads are cyclists and people who refuse to drive anywhere near the speed limit!

No buildings in my Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty

you must live in a cave, then. :28:

There were 129,584 full-time equivalent ( FTE ) police officers in the 43 police forces of England and Wales as at 31 March 2013. This is a decrease of 3.4% or 4,516 officers compared to a year earlier (Table 1 and 3). There were 6,537 FTE Minority Ethnic officers in the 43 forces of England and Wales.

There were 6,868 authorised firearms officers in England and Wales as of 31 March 2009, according to government figures.

If I am honest mate I don't what the numbers are for armed vs unarmed

Just some info i got of the google i know some it is old data so just a quick guide about 5 % of the police are armed tbo i thought it would be hire

Reply to It's getting worse in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock