Discuss It's getting worse in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

So get starting some threads then instead of making the same comments over and over again, which by the way could be viewed as trolling. I have asked a simple question and yet you have somehow turned into something else, I have said several times now that this thread is about the current terrorism events and what we should be doing about it so this is the last time I will say this, If you want to start a thread about the Nhs or winter fuel allowances etc etc then go and start one and we will all debate it with you, but if you continue trying to derail this thread then I will have no choice but to delete all pointless posts and start again.

You might have missed the point I have been making.

You started a thread on a topic which deals with the actions of very few, which lead to the possible deaths of comparatively few, and if we should arm plod to deal with it. Its been shown that arming plod is conceptually flawed in the case in question.

I've pointed out that there's no threads being started, or have been previously started with regards to the numerous other causes of a far far greater number of deaths in this Country.

If folks were really bothered about saving lives, there'd be a hoard of threads discussing the topics I've mentioned but then that's not the current popular bandwagon is it.

We're bothered about terrorists murdering innocent people.

Pete, Ive spent decades in and around London and our big cities, I've felt the ground shake and have ducked to avoid broken glass as IRA bombs have gone off - I've seen the aftermath in other Country's of war - I've seen how quick a train carriage emptied when a darker skin employee sat with me after the London bombings - the fact that he was my QS didn't do anything to stop folks worrying.

Back when the IRA were active over here normal life didn't stop, folks weren't scared to go out, generally this Country's spirt carried us through, we just assumed (and where right) that everything possible was being done to prevent these attacks.

Things changed when someone's skin coloured could be used as a point of suspicion, certain sections of the community jumped on this to suit their own agenda.

These days we don't appear to be able to trust those who tell us that everything possible is being done to prevent these attacks, we appear to feel better if we can physically see something, such as armed police or the army, on every corner.

The attacks in other Country's haven't been stopped by arming plod, its a flawed concept - granted it might make some feel more secure, but its simply depriving areas of resources, such as intelligence, which is the real way to properly defeat ISIS.

Also giving those disaffected enough to join a purpose in life in this Country will starve the radicals of new cannon fodder.

I am more than happy to let another member of staff come in and moderate it but I am not going to start waving the Moderator stick in my own thread.

I don't want the thread closing if i'm honest because it was becoming a good debate until we got sidetracked by completely unrelated arguments.

I don't want the thread closing if i'm honest because it was becoming a good debate until we got sidetracked by completely unrelated arguments.

I respect your opinion, perhaps others can see how my points actually are related, if its maximising the numbers of lives we are trying to save.

I'll make no further comments along those lines, ill just reitterate my last and leave it there.

Is anyone wiling to illustrate an opinion in favour of arming plod with any evidence of where it has been effective ?

I respect your opinion, perhaps others can see how my points actually are related, if its maximising the numbers of lives we are trying to save.

I'll make no further comments along those lines, ill just reitterate my last and leave it there.

Is anyone wiling to illustrate an opinion in favour of arming plod with any evidence of where it has been effective ?
Don't count your chickens, I think your on your own lol

Can we all stick to the thread topic please, refrain from dragging in unrelated statistics and see if we can get back on track here, normally closing the thread would be easier but as GMES expresses, there is moments of a very good debate here so would be a shame to have to drop the thread.

There is clearly some strong opinions and passionate views here which is good for debate but we are teetering on the verge of turning into a slanging match which is not good so can we discuss like the gentlemen you are please :)

Can we all stick to the thread topic please, refrain from dragging in unrelated statistics and see if we can get back on track here, normally closing the thread would be easier but as GMES expresses, there is moments of a very good debate here so would be a shame to have to drop the thread.

There is clearly some strong opinions and passionate views here which is good for debate but we are teetering on the verge of turning into a slanging match which is not good so can we discuss like the gentlemen you are please :)
Have you edited the thread fella? because I cannot see any problems so far.

i'm not watching that frog-canuck crooner/groaner! :rant:

Last edited:

Reply to It's getting worse in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock